England V Scotland - Page 2 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England V Scotland

Jagtag

Gutted we lost obviously, but again I feel we played well. The last half of the first half England were well under the cosh.

Disappointed with the second half, but I thought we held our own at a venue that is like a fortress to us over the years. I feel if England had have won by 7 would have been fair. A 12 point win flattered them sum-what.

J

The lack of yellow card was absolutely baffling.

Yeah, it seemed Brian Moore was equally baffled.

Once again we've got the rough end of the refereeing decisions in this tournament. We've not helped ourselves at all, but occasionally a rub of the green will get you a win and momentum can be a really important quality in rugby, literally and metaphorically.

The lack of yellow card was absolutely baffling.

Yes, was quite incredible. The most blatant yellow you will see. However, I actually think the ref was good in the first half and arguably favoured us on a couple of 50/50 decisions. He changed in the second though - although didn't have as much of a shocker as some of the ref's we've had recently.

Thought Scotland did really well. Second half was not so good, but England are a very good team (ok, their forwards are amazing). They have strength in depth too..... They will have some squad for the WC.

Yes, was quite incredible. The most blatant yellow you will see. However, I actually think the ref was good in the first half and arguably favoured us on a couple of 50/50 decisions. He changed in the second though - although didn't have as much of a shocker as some of the ref's we've had recently.

Thought Scotland did really well. Second half was not so good, but England are a very good team (ok, their forwards are amazing). They have strength in depth too..... They will have some squad for the WC.

Basically the Bath team plus one or two others.

J