Pro12 2014-15 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pro12 2014-15

biffer

Good start for both teams last week. Glasgow winning at home v Leinster and Edinburgh with a great win in Munster.

Potential for both to start with two wins, Glasgow away to Cardiff on Sunday (Welsh rugby is a bit of a mess just now) and Edinburgh at home to Connacht tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

Edinburgh are shocking beyond belief. Just piss poor in every area of the game.

Aye - even their "good" players are now being dragged down to the level of manure. Kinda glad matt Scott's not involved at the mo. If I were him, I'd use edinburgh as a means of getting fit for 6N, pull an injury shortly thereafter, returning only sporadically to peak for the world cup and a transfer to france.

• 7 months later...

Watched Glasgow v Ulster in Pro 12 today on telly. Warriors needed 4 tries for a bonus point win to gain a home tie in semi final. Goal achieved with considerable style and they will play Ulster again in semi at Scotstoun this Friday. Well done lads, great effort and good luck. :ok: :ok: :ok:

Heading to game tonight, hope Glasgow can find a bit extra from somewhere and get a win. I suspect that Ulster might have an extra gear and shade it, but with any luck I'm wrong. It would also be nice for once for a Scottish side to play the ref better than their Irish opponents do.

Guest flumax

Fantastic result. Glasgow really dug deep for that. Not a great game but riveting stuff.

Wind and handling spoiled it, but thought ulster showed some great rugby first half, and Glasgow fighting back made it a top class match. Enjoyed v v much as an (almost) neutral

Just back in from Scotstoun - lots of happy and, if we're being honest, slightly stunned Glasgow fans!

Thought Ulster were the far stronger team but Glasgow dug deep and achieved the sort of smash and grab that always seemed to go against us in the past. Lovely try by DTH and superb points after conversion but it did come from quite a fortuitous TMO decision. Also came at just the right time with Ulster having no opportunity to regroup! Thought the ref could have given a couple of yellows against Ulster, so I guess what goes around comes around!!

Hogg's short kick at the end had everyone sweating but great to be home and looking at flights and boats to Belfast!!

TT

Long shot but if anyone has a link for tickets feel free to pm me...

I think tickets will be fairly easy to get in Belfast - lots pre bought by Ulster fans who i'd imagine might not now all attend the final. Be amazed if there weren't plenty of spares - also hotel situation is hellish because of the Irish Open, maybe not a major issue for Muster fans but will be for the Welsh if they qualify.

TT

I think tickets will be fairly easy to get in Belfast - lots pre bought by Ulster fans who i'd imagine might not now all attend the final. Be amazed if there weren't plenty of spares - also hotel situation is hellish because of the Irish Open, maybe not a major issue for Muster fans but will be for the Welsh if they qualify.

TT

Ye, already loads up on gumtree for sale but sceptical of sending payment. Would like to secure before the game this afternoon as Munster will travel in numbers should they win.

Ye, already loads up on gumtree for sale but sceptical of sending payment. Would like to secure before the game this afternoon as Munster will travel in numbers should they win.

We got ours today in the season ticket sale - goes to those with purchase history on Monday and then open sale if any left is Tuesday.

Think a lot will be put off by travel and hotel issues, though your right that Munster fans will travel in big numbers if they get through (on S4C right now) - crazy to have the final in Belfast when the Irish Open is on!!

TT

Edited by TartanTeddy

21-15 to Munster at the moment.

Dt travel are doing some transport to Belfast next week. Bit of a farce having the golf and rugby on the same weekend. Could do with a charter flight leaving after the match.

Wonderful atmosphere at Scotstoun last night, place was bouncing after the try and then even more so with Russell's conversion. Ulster were the better side but Glasgow sneaking it was probably all the better as it has so often been the other way around. Incidentally Glasgow opting to go for goal at he end was one of the most brainless choices I've seen in years; thankfully it didn't cost them. Looking forward to a trip to Belfast for the final now.

Edited by Pool Q

21-15 to Munster at the moment.

Dt travel are doing some transport to Belfast next week. Bit of a farce having the golf and rugby on the same weekend. Could do with a charter flight leaving after the match.

Or get the stena ferry at 1130 & back at 1130, arriving around 2am.