Lost Cat - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Some will recall I found a wee cat in Spain around 2.5 years ago. He's since travelled to Poland and now Malta.

Friday night he buggered off from me when we were having a walk to the beach.

Haven't seen anything from him since. Left food outside the doorstep and it is untouched. He's an indoors cat so will probably be petrified of being out alone... it's hitting 35 degrees too.

Any tips on how to find a cat?

Took the day off work today and walked around every street possible looking under cars and in garages shouting his name. Nothing.

Done the police and local council and also the vet. Made a poster up but finding somewhere to copy them is problematic.

Getting seriously worried.

I once saw this guy looking for a lost cat. All I could hear him whispering underneath various parked cars was............

................."Pussycat, pussycat, I've got flowers and lots of hours to spend with you."

Have you asked at your local take-away?

No. There was previous for that though.

There was also executions of cats & dogs that were hung upside down in some kind of evil symbolism. Looks like a Muslim was to blame and was sent away for it. 'careful of that link. Looks a bit OTT.

Must have walked around 7 hours today looking for the wee man and had a bit of heat exhaustion. Met so many nice people who really wanted to help.

Tomorrow posters go up and a few more phone calls will be made.

Need to prepare for the worst, but I'm starting to think someone has taken him in.

This will sound nuts.... hang your dirty washing out. If he's disorientated the scent will help him find his way home. Don't give up. In the last 8 weeks I have returned the same Greek cat to Swiss owners who were living locally. The first time the cat was trapped in the stadium between 2 false ceilings and the second time it'd strayed further to Port Glasgow. He won't be far, while you are looking for him, he's probably living it up. Get on local social media. Look out for rescues. That's how Maunzli the Greek cat got home. I help out, the owners had contacted for help. It's usually as simple as that.

It's impossible to do that, Betty. Left food and water on my door step and some fukker has stolen the bowls overnight. Unbelievable.

Nae food banks where you are? If the folk round your way are that hungry the chances of finding your cat again might be slim.

Nae food banks where you are? If the folk round your way are that hungry the chances of finding your cat again might be slim.

No food banks in Malta as far as I know :lol:

Posters and lefaets definitely help. One of our cats got out a few years back when they were still house cats and didn't have collars on. Little fecker wasn't there in the morning and I ended up leafleting four streets and putting posters up that evening. She turned up the following morning after two nights away, but we we getting calls for a few weeks after from folk who thought they had seen her - it's reassuring to know that people will generally tend to read these posters/leaflets and react positively. Also cats tend to be able to find their way back home even when they've not got out before.

Fingers crossed for you, as it's a horrible thing to happen...

Posters and lefaets definitely help. One of our cats got out a few years back when they were still house cats and didn't have collars on. Little fecker wasn't there in the morning and I ended up leafleting four streets and putting posters up that evening. She turned up the following morning after two nights away, but we we getting calls for a few weeks after from folk who thought they had seen her - it's reassuring to know that people will generally tend to read these posters/leaflets and react positively. Also cats tend to be able to find their way back home even when they've not got out before.

Fingers crossed for you, as it's a horrible thing to happen...

Cats are intelligent animals, maybe it read the posters and realised how much you missed it? Then again maybe the auld wifie across the road stopped feeding it kippers?

The cat has been found.

Today I made up posters ... plenty of them and stuck them on walls, polls and derelict buildings etc.

The gist of it was "LOST, Answers to Tofik, lives in Sliema, May hide in garages and cry a lot"...

Found the wee bugger after a 7 hour shift (after a 9 hour shift at work)* in a garage crying. Starving, needing water... and just one corner away. Got him.

Happy ending. He's moaning to fukk I am not in bed ... which is exactly the destination now.

* It is hot & humid as fukk... some fluids were required and those wines must have helped :)

The cat has been found.

Today I made up posters ... plenty of them and stuck them on walls, polls and derelict buildings etc.

The gist of it was "LOST, Answers to Tofik, lives in Sliema, May hide in garages and cry a lot"...

Found the wee bugger after a 7 hour shift (after a 9 hour shift at work)* in a garage crying. Starving, needing water... and just one corner away. Got him.

Happy ending. He's moaning to fukk I am not in bed ... which is exactly the destination now.

* It is hot & humid as fukk... some fluids were required and those wines must have helped :)

Brilliant news :ok:

Get rid of that table cloth as a precautionary measure though :wink2: