Hamilton Races - Page 3 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hamilton Races

Kirk

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope it was a profitable night last night to all who attended?? Last time I was at that meeting it got abandoned a few years back!!!

off to Carlisle tomorrow night, for a sociable evening rather than a gambling one ( terrible racing ).

This will only be my 5th day racing this year, this issue will be addressed in the near future, with more time becoming available into the start of next year.

Bring on the jumps.

Be lucky folks.

I like Carlisle. Last time I was there Levein and Gary Kidd were in attendance - a horse fell early on - the pair of them must have been on it as straight away they bolted for the bar, much to my amusement (the horse was fine).

Took the lucky last to bail me out last night - King of Paradise has to go from the front, which it did, although only just held on.

Definitely my last ever Ladies' Night at HP - took 20 minutes plus just to get served at the bar.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Hope it was a profitable night last night to all who attended?? Last time I was at that meeting it got abandoned a few years back!!!

off to Carlisle tomorrow night, for a sociable evening rather than a gambling one ( terrible racing ).

This will only be my 5th day racing this year, this issue will be addressed in the near future, with more time becoming available into the start of next year.

Bring on the jumps.

Be lucky folks.

Rock Canyon - an HP stalwart - was due to run tonight with Amy Ryan as the pilot - was going to have a wee wager as my kind of price but now a n/r.

Had the first 2 winners, after that ran out of luck.........

A good night had, band were good, but not a fitting finale for the evening. Stayed down in Carlisle for a night out. Back to reality today.

Might, and a very lightly might, make a day at York for ebor meeting, we shall see. Failing that aintree and haydock in November will be my next racing exploits.

Given the unpredictable nature of Monday's pilots I'd consider two winners to be a result!

Which nitespots did you hit afterwards?

I've got quite a hectic schedule coming up -

HP - 20th and 28th August then 20th and 28th September

Salisbury 3rd September

Chester 11th September

Kelso 16th September (via the new line to Tweedbank - getting a taxi from Gala)

Yarmouth 27th October

Chelmsford 28th October

Southwell 9th November

Huntingdon 10th November

Possibly Donny 27th November

I the woman drivers, are not the best!!!!

Went to the circle bar, down a wee lane, cocktailed up, then down the botch agate, griffin, unit, walkabout and a couple of others. . Stayed in the county as it was handy and cheap, and then train back up the road.

That's a superb itinerary there. a few there on my list to do.

I've Vegas and Hawaii as soon as back from Georgia, ( back in the country 14 hours. . May weather fight now the 12th, and I fly to Honolulu on the 11th. Typical.

Southport for weekend 6th - 8th November so aintree on the Sunday.

Sat 21st November haydock for betfair chase.

Booking up leopardstown for the first sun in feb.

But going to make a concerted effort to get to more racing, next year.

Given the unpredictable nature of Monday's pilots I'd consider two winners to be a result!

Which nitespots did you hit afterwards?

I've got quite a hectic schedule coming up -

HP - 20th and 28th August then 20th and 28th September

Salisbury 3rd September

Chester 11th September

Kelso 16th September (via the new line to Tweedbank - getting a taxi from Gala)

Yarmouth 27th October

Chelmsford 28th October

Southwell 9th November

Huntingdon 10th November

Possibly Donny 27th November

Wow! Excellent! Any of those first visits for you? You can't have many left?

My horse racing visits are few and far between now - But going to Wolverhampton (again!) on the Friday between Poland and Gib games.

I the woman drivers, are not the best!!!!

Went to the circle bar, down a wee lane, cocktailed up, then down the botch agate, griffin, unit, walkabout and a couple of others. . Stayed in the county as it was handy and cheap, and then train back up the road.

That's a superb itinerary there. a few there on my list to do.

I've Vegas and Hawaii as soon as back from Georgia, ( back in the country 14 hours. . May weather fight now the 12th, and I fly to Honolulu on the 11th. Typical.

Southport for weekend 6th - 8th November so aintree on the Sunday.

Sat 21st November haydock for betfair chase.

Booking up leopardstown for the first sun in feb.

But going to make a concerted effort to get to more racing, next year.

I'm going to Georgia too - I actually looked up to see if there was any horse racing in Tbilisi!!!

Wow! Excellent! Any of those first visits for you? You can't have many left?

My horse racing visits are few and far between now - But going to Wolverhampton (again!) on the Friday between Poland and Gib games.

Salisbury, Yarmouth, Chelmsford, Southwell (jumps), Huntingdon and Donny will be first-time visits - do those and it'll just leave seven to complete the set. Edited by Charlie Endell

It would leave Newmarket (although that's actually two courses...), Towcester, Wincanton (a tricky one to get to from Glasgow), Lingfield, Sandown, Kempton and Newbury.

Aye, all being well (avoiding death or the sack) I intend to hammer the remaining ones next year. I've been promised that a race at my final track will be named after me - I'll see...

Edited by Charlie Endell

It would leave Newmarket (although that's actually two courses...), Towcester, Wincanton (a tricky one to get to from Glasgow), Lingfield, Sandown, Kempton and Newbury.

Aye, all being well (avoiding death or the sack) I intend to hammer the remaining ones next year. I've been promised that a race at my final track will be named after me - I'll see...

Despite my relative shortcomings in horseracing tracks visited, I've actually been to four of those as it happens (Lingfield, Sandown, Kempton and Newbury).

Hoping you do avoid death and the sack and allow you to complete - particularly death

All of your remaining ones are easy to get to. With Newbury being a first class track, with its own train station. And all easy navigated from London.

Since Ryanair stopped flights to Bournemouth now, im looking to go to wincanton day after the England game at Wembley for the badger ales day.

I'm still in high 30s tracks, but will get back on the holy grail next year.

Best of luck to you in fulfilling your quest, and hope you get the fruits of your rewards!!

Newbury I'm looking at flying into Heathrow and getting the Air Bus to Reading; it's then a short train ride from there. The journey time from central London by train is suprisingly long!

It's only about 30 miles by road from Bristol Airport to Wincanton racecourse, but getting there by public transport from the airport is a nightmare - bus to Templemeads, train to Swindon, change for Salisbury, then another train to Gillingham - talking about three and a half hours. Best plan is to get a few punters and organise a people carrier from the airport.

Flying into Southampton looks a better shout - you can get a train from the airport to Gillingham with only one change.

Edited by Charlie Endell

I'll see if Mark Wright can DJ that day.

James Martin giving a cooking display as well would top it off.

I fired off an email complaining about the Ladies' Night debacle - apparently they will investigate and look into facilities for members as part of their 'winter review' - i.e.heehaw will change.

James Martin giving a cooking display as well would top it off.

I fired off an email complaining about the Ladies' Night debacle - apparently they will investigate and look into facilities for members as part of their 'winter review' - i.e.heehaw will change.

What was the debacle? It actually wasn't quite as horrific as I thought it was going to be.

It was in the members' bar - which I never moved from - took 20 minutes plus to get served and the till broke down into the bargain. I also had a general rant about the facilities on offer to members at Hamilton in comparison to other courses (I specifically mentioned Perth where members get access to the rear of the Nelson Stand - at Hamilton there is a shack tucked away in a corner).

I see the attendance was 9,420 - I didn't think HP could hold that many! That's about 50% up on last year - my old dear was there and didn't enjoy it as much this year as it was too busy.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Back again on Thursday - first race 5.10.

I've also managed to sneak in a Carlisle meeting next Monday - attending a lunchtime meeting in Bolton (well Horwich actually) then going to stop off at Carlisle on the way home (evening meeting) - train fare covered courtesy of my employer and entrance by Rewards for Racing points.

Back again on Thursday - first race 5.10.

I've also managed to sneak in a Carlisle meeting next Monday - attending a lunchtime meeting in Bolton (well Horwich actually) then going to stop off at Carlisle on the way home (evening meeting) - train fare covered courtesy of my employer and entrance by Rewards for Racing points.

I would sneak by Carlisle as bad or worse than Hamilton.

Bellewstown next week taking my Irish count to four [ Punchestown, Cork and Clonmel the others].