Aberdeen Darts Association - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen Darts Association

dandydunn

I'm about to start a weekly update on the local darts.

Holburn bar came back from the dead at 5-3 down (away) in the singles to win 7-5.

Yours truly couldn't be more central with the winning double top.

I feel that I may be the only contributor to this thread,but at least you will all be kept in the loop.

Any other darters,feel free to let everyone know how your team is getting on.

We're sitting 5th in the 1st division before tonight's games.

Leagues go:

Super Premier

Premier

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

Hopefully hear from some more darters on this.

Could be an interesting thread.

:ok:

Edited by dandydunn

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play in a London league. Very inconsistent. Bust a 171 last week. Whoops.

Scoring I'm alright at, I'm poor at the counting. I have only ever played organised darts for 3 weeks so this will come in time I guess. In hindsight, I was on 171. Hit 60,60 then went for 19 to leave 32. Should have gone 60,60 then 11 to leave tops... even if I hit 33 still left with a double.

I haven't played league or county darts for a few years now. Thursday nights in Inverness, and like others have said, lead to very unproductive following days.

Would love to get back into it again, although it can bring out the worst in some folk!

Some seriously bad losers out there

I play in a London league. Very inconsistent. Bust a 171 last week. Whoops.

Scoring I'm alright at, I'm poor at the counting. I have only ever played organised darts for 3 weeks so this will come in time I guess. In hindsight, I was on 171. Hit 60,60 then went for 19 to leave 32. Should have gone 60,60 then 11 to leave tops... even if I hit 33 still left with a double.

Get yourself one of the outshot calculators. They cost about £1. Use it whenever yer practising. Can be time consuming as you need to stop and look after every dart, but once you learn it, you never forget.

That's not really good enough mate.

I know.

My own personal performance I blame the missus for.

She is working nightshift,so I had to take the kids to my folks,drive and consume no alcohol.

Never good preparation for a game.

I was fekin smashed at the darts on monday, won my game 2-0 and was shit. 100% on my doubles though. I play in the Kilmarnock 1st div which is just starting as we play a champs league type thing to see who plays in the top division and the 2nd division. I play on a Fri too in the New Cumnock league which has some serious teams in it. I had to give up on the Ayr league and counties as it's expensive and the wife goes mental lol

Take them with you, your team mates will look after them until you play your game.

What's the worst that could happen?

I did phone the bar and ask if I could take them.

They were reluctant to set a very dangerous precedent. :lol:

Useless s got pumped anyway.

Holburn march on with league duty resumed.

3-0 up then back to 4-4 for the singles,pairs went to 5-5 before we won last two for a 7-5 victory.

Free week next week due to an odd number of teams in the league,so we're just gonna get hammered.

• 2 weeks later...

Return to action last night after last weeks free week,6-6 draw where we really should've taken the points.

2-0 down,4-2 up and the singles ended 4-4. Onto the pairs we went 6-4 up when disaster struck.

Our pair was left on 71,the opponents on 200+ when our guy hit 17,4 then ever the optimist,went for the bull and hit a treble 15 :rollsmile: then the useless ####ers couldn't hit a single 1 to save their lives and the game was over.

They won the last pair too, to share the spoils and as I wasn't drinking, I'm fresh as a daisy today.

Return to action last night after last weeks free week,6-6 draw where we really should've taken the points.

2-0 down,4-2 up and the singles ended 4-4. Onto the pairs we went 6-4 up when disaster struck.

Our pair was left on 71,the opponents on 200+ when our guy hit 17,4 then ever the optimist,went for the bull and hit a ######ing treble 15 :rollsmile: then the useless ######ers couldn't hit a single 1 to save their lives and the game was over.

They won the last pair too, to share the spoils and as I wasn't drinking, I'm fresh as a daisy today.

a wee drink always steadies your arm ?

a wee drink always steadies your arm ?

That is usually the case,but as my missus was in nights,I had to drive to get home for the kids and the bar had a slushie machine,I had one of those instead,my hand was freezing for my leg. :lol:

In fairness m8, if yer hitting treble 15 when going for the bull I'm not sure any other path would have been a safer option :)

I need to reiterate that it WAS NOT me :lol:

Any segment would've been a good miss,anything bar a high treble :lol:

He's had his grief though,held his hands up and took the blame.

Think it went something like

Him: sorry lads,my fault, I should've went safe, I take the blame.

Me: you're right it was your fault you idiot :lol: