The Missing - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

They must've stabbed him for a reason?

Although a cop getting stabbed in jail is not surprising, the timing suggests it's relevant.

Don't think the journo is a player in it? Think he's no longer relevant after giving them the coin?

Quite strange, as I'd only seen him in a comedy before, quite a contrast to his dark character in this.

They stabbed him for being "a rat" so he was obviously about to reveal something fairly substantial. The easy option would be to say that it was linked to the Romanian gang but I would assume it's not as straight forward as that.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They stabbed him for being "a rat" so he was obviously about to reveal something fairly substantial. The easy option would be to say that it was linked to the Romanian gang but I would assume it's not as straight forward as that.

Aye, I thought it was for being a rat, and linked to the gang.

The 1st time Tony, his wife and the French plod visited the corrupt polis guy in jail, 2 black guys in the background clearly heard him say that he'd give them information if they could get his son to visit

When they came back the 2nd time, with his son, they stabbed him

I don't think he's got any more to do with it?

Aye, I thought it was for being a rat, and linked to the gang.

The 1st time Tony, his wife and the French plod visited the corrupt polis guy in jail, 2 black guys in the background clearly heard him say that he'd give them information if they could get his son to visit

When they came back the 2nd time, with his son, they stabbed him

I don't think he's got any more to do with it?

I don't think so. I think he and the journo have now served their purpose. Also, going back to the English copper. Way back in one of the first episodes when he was talking to Baptiste and the now dead French copper they mentioned a Romanian gang. Straight away he said "child trafficking" and I remember thinking it was an odd conclusion to jump to. He's rotten the core I tells ya, rotten!

Aye, why the hell is that English copper even there?

Was he there on holiday at the same time at the beginning?

Then he just happened to get assigned to the case? Is that a normal thing?! Did the McCanns get their ain english bobby?

Maybe him and the wife are involved?

Maybe they fecked up something, and why she lost her mind a bit. Why come back to help now though? And cough up 15,000? Aside from the fact it's her son!

It seemed fairly inconsequential?

So much so I can't remember what was said?

I think "Tony" may have just said "sorry to hear about Alain" on one of his returns to the hotel?

I just dismissed it as irrelevant, as you said, he didn't appear the healthiest.

The drink killed him in the end or words to that effect.

OK, here goes. It'll be a bit long winded so apologies in advance.....

I reckon that the hotel owners husband is heavily involved in some way. The coin that they revealed at the end of the last episode was one of his sobriety chips that the wife showed to Tony a couple of episodes ago. Add to that the husband and the Mayor both have the same surname (Delacoix) so assume they are brothers. The Mayor has been revealed to have links to Garrett and has been trying to get the case shut down since episode one more or less. So, my very loose theory is along the lines of the Mayor and his brother were involved in the same paedo ring as Garrett. Vincent Bourg found this out through his "connections" and that's why Garret was threatening Bourg's Mum.

A couple of things still jar with me though. The English copper, now with the Mum, how convenient was it that he was already in the same town at the time Olly went missing. And on his own with his son? Was the kidnapping of the other kid by his dad in the last episode a pointer that that's what the English cop was planning to do and Olly got taken by mistake?

And how come the TV in that same room has been broken for 8 years? Surely there must be some relevance in that? And how did Olly's scarf end up in that charity shop, he wasn't wearing it when he was taken.

And have you noticed that you only every see the hotel owners husband in flashback, never in the present? Has that ever been explained? And lastly, the music at the end credits of the last episode was a Marilyn Mansonesque version of Heartbreak Hotel....

Pretty good detective work there FB - a bit disappointed with the ending tbh, there still seemed some loose ends

Yeah, disappointed with that ending- I guess they're saying he just keeps on looking.

Had he drawn the stick figure on the car window?

That's how I took it. Remember after the wedding he was a bit manic on the phone to France scribbling away the figure on his pad.

J

Someone going missing must be a nightmare, my brothers pal who was 18 went missing in Tenerife in 1985, never been seen since, His dad was the caretaker on our estate in London, Happily married, always dressed smart ,after some years him and his wife divorced, he became a drunk , lost his job, didn't wash much,used to sit on a bench in the estate in the early hours of the morning singing and talking to himself about his son, his daughter got involved with drugs for a while. Strain on family must be so bloody hard .

So I got the right people but the wrong reasons. Still a few things that don't sit well with me though. First of all, why did they not show us the body in the back of the van. Secondly, at the very start where the kids were playing on the swings one of their faces was purposely blocked while all the others were clear.

When they were all in the hospital room I'm convinced I caught a look of shock on the English cops face as if he knew of something that was about to be said. Also, the Robert Johnson record he had framed and put up in his living room. Is there a significance to that and the conversation that Tony and Ian had way back near the start about Robert Johnson selling his soul to the Devil? Emily mentioned that she was surprised Mark put that record up given his love of 80s music. Was it a hint to a link with Ian Garrett?

And why was that fcuking telly not fixed after 8 years??!!

Aye, I wondered about why we never saw the back of the van? Perhaps just to give viewers the same feeling that perhaps it wasn't over - same as Tony - without knowing what happened to the body, there's no closure?

Not sure what you mean about the swings? In last nights episode, or the start of the series?

I also thought that about the english bobby in the hospital room. But maybe that, like the broken TV, and the framed record, were just thrown in there to make folk try to piece things together that weren't actually significant?

Aye, I wondered about why we never saw the back of the van? Perhaps just to give viewers the same feeling that perhaps it wasn't over - same as Tony - without knowing what happened to the body, there's no closure?

Not sure what you mean about the swings? In last nights episode, or the start of the series?

I also thought that about the english bobby in the hospital room. But maybe that, like the broken TV, and the framed record, were just thrown in there to make folk try to piece things together that weren't actually significant?

Aye, I think the confusion at the end is deliberate. I think Oliver is really dead but all the ambiguity is to make us feel the same sense of confusion and lack of closure as Tony.

It's also interesting looking back that both Ian Garrett and Vincent Bourg served no actual purpose to the story other than to act as 2 pretty significant red herrings!

Aye, Bourg was a red herring - but didn't he say about 3 episodes ago that he knew sonething? When he went to see Garrets wife?

And was Garrett linked to the Romanian child traffickers? I guess so. Was the Mayors only link to them that he knew them previously (he did them a favour years ago, which he called back by asking them to dispose of the body?)

So I got the right people but the wrong reasons. Still a few things that don't sit well with me though. First of all, why did they not show us the body in the back of the van. Secondly, at the very start where the kids were playing on the swings one of their faces was purposely blocked while all the others were clear.

When they were all in the hospital room I'm convinced I caught a look of shock on the English cops face as if he knew of something that was about to be said. Also, the Robert Johnson record he had framed and put up in his living room. Is there a significance to that and the conversation that Tony and Ian had way back near the start about Robert Johnson selling his soul to the Devil? Emily mentioned that she was surprised Mark put that record up given his love of 80s music. Was it a hint to a link with Ian Garrett?

And why was that fcuking telly not fixed after 8 years??!!

The telly has been broke for 8 years cause D E R refuse to go all that way to fix it