Queen Was Asked To Intervene Amid Yes Vote Fears - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Queen Was Asked To Intervene Amid Yes Vote Fears

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a veiled threat and is now revealed as having been carefully crafted as such and spat out the first opportunity. I would not be surprised if the person who

asked her the question was a set-up as well just so the old could spit it

out while on camera...

Whankers then whankers now.

The press were asked to move to a "new" location as the queen was going to be taking one question. Total setup by the palace. The old purring hoor is fair game now that we know where she stands.

The press were asked to move to a "new" location as the queen was going to be taking one question. Total setup by the palace. The old purring hoor is fair game now that we know where she stands.

I wonder if there will be a new public holiday in Scotland on 18 September - Union Day. Think I might write to my (Labour) MP and suggest that.

I wonder if there will be a new public holiday in Scotland on 18 September - Union Day. Think I might write to my (Labour) MP and suggest that.

I'll do that on the 8th may to my mp (with any luck it'll be Eck). Would love his reply. I'll have to tone it right though

Old bag, but unfortunately for the Yes campaign she still holds alot of weight with the "older generation " who ultimatley shafted thier gram weans out of billions of oil revenue.

Our day will come, because in ten years time the Queen and her older generation ( No) genearation will be six feet under.

Alba gu brath

( Keep the faith)

There is part of me that would take the union of we could become a Republic. All I want is the people, based on a meritocracy dictating how we all live. The UK is about retaining power in a single family and an elite surrounding them with everyone else clambering for status towards then and their or institutional approval.

Just wait until there is a change in the monarchy. Will King Charles be able to save the union?

There's no way in hell Charlie boy would keep his mouth shut if we have a referendum during his reign.

It would get us a few Yes votes anyway :ok:

It's beyond me why so many people love the idea of paying for this one family's of inbreeds upkeep and are enamoured by all this crowns, jewels, servants and corgis nonsense.

I love upsetting monarchists. They always come out with the deeply offended "That happens to be our Queen/future King/future Queen your insulting there....." kind of response :rollsmile:

Was I dreaming or was it revealed recently that the Queen had intervened in the referendum debate by issuing a Whitehall-scripted soundbite to the media, thereby blowing out of the water any pretence of neutrality?

All I hear of the Christmas news coverage is the propaganda that the Queen had resisted political pressure to intervene, and is calling for reconciliation after a divisive referendum.

Does she not realise she is part of the problem?

Is the mainstream media incapable of anything other than fawning unritical reporting of her maj?

The BBC preferred to give airtime to a royal-watching chappie at Sandringham who had met some princes who had complimented his dog.

Edited by exile

The main story on BBC news Christmas day was the Royal family going to the Christmas morning service at Sandringham and then proceeded to interview some of the 500 or so (at that time) who had been queuing since 5am to get a sight of the Queen

These people have an illness - there is no getting away from it

It may be more psychological than medical but it is an illness all the same

The main story on BBC news Christmas day was the Royal family going to the Christmas morning service at Sandringham and then proceeded to interview some of the 500 or so (at that time) who had been queuing since 5am to get a sight of the Queen

These people have an illness - there is no getting away from it

It may be more psychological than medical but it is an illness all the same

Yip!

The chap with the dog was talking as if in awe and admiration that the princes were prepared to walk and talk among the people and actually converse in a friendly jokey manner - as if they were not actually 'uman bein's too.

Saw Made in Chelsea the other night. Maybe this is what the Royals should be like. Just give them a scripted reality show, of them like partying with their mates, paid by advertising/viewer subscription.

Or abolish the monarchy but let them stand to be elected head of state. Wills and Harry can put their popularity to the test, up against George Galloway and Russell Brand.

If the Queen entered, she'd probably win. That should keep everyone happy.

Mind when Donny used to say the Queen was neutral and all that and it's a great thing.

That was based on an assumption of neutrality which was naive to believe existed as i tried to say when i pointed out the Queen meddling in the Austrilain political process.

If you pull up a seat at the table then you're fair game.

Old bag, but unfortunately for the Yes campaign she still holds alot of weight with the "older generation " who ultimatley shafted thier gram weans out of billions of oil revenue.

Our day will come, because in ten years time the Queen and her older generation ( No) genearation will be six feet under.

Alba gu brath

( Keep the faith)

we won't have to wait 10 years before we will have our Independence more like 3 or 4 years top

There is part of me that would take the union of we could become a Republic. All I want is the people, based on a meritocracy dictating how we all live. The UK is about retaining power in a single family and an elite surrounding them with everyone else clambering for status towards then and their or institutional approval.

This. Monarchy is an affront to democracy. That and the Fookin House of Lords.

Scrap the whole rotten lot.

J

Trying to be all things to all people didn't work during the referendum. Pacifying loyalists by keeping Queen was an example - the Loyalists and the proud to be British brigade will always vote for the Union.

We should make clear that the Queen is being ditched in the next referendum. She is part of the Establishment that will do anything to hang onto power and wealth and all to the detriment of the people.