Dont Want A Repeat Of Last Time In 2007 - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dont Want A Repeat Of Last Time In 2007

bonny78

Remember being highly suspicious of michel platini's attendance at the game that evening. The head of uefa at the Georgia vs Scotland game when there were some massive games going on. And there was the very real possibility of one of the big 5 countries in terms of income for the tournament at the cusp of missing out due to us. The McFadden penalty incident did nothing to elude my fears. Found it very strange. Still do. But we were awful that night.

I've got the fear that the heat may have a massive impact upon us. We ain't accustomed to that. I think it will have an influence on the game, I just hope not enough of an influence to cost us.

I've got the fear that the heat may have a massive impact upon us. We ain't accustomed to that. I think it will have an influence on the game, I just hope not enough of an influence to cost us.

it will be about 25 degrees and at night, it shouldnt be an issue its not as if we are playing at height of the summer in the sun and 30+ like we are wanting to do next year. i'd rather be doing that than -5 in the howling wind in scotland

Edited by LewisEDI

One guy it shouldn't be an issue for is Maloney. It's been hotter than Georgia over here for months and months.

Was Darren Fletcher not carrying an injury in the 2007 game? I seem to remember he was touch and go before kick-off.

I think Ferguson was from memory.

Said on another topic but the fact the game is the first of a double header has me a lot more confident, if it was Germany then having to go to Georgia I'd be a lot more worried.