Germany V Poland - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Germany V Poland

northernscum

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poland could conceivably lose to German and Ireland. If we beat Georgia & Gibraltar, draw with Poland and lose to Germany - we qualify on H2H (assuming the draw is 0-0 or 1-1)

As soon as the fixture were announced, I thought that we would be going into the last game needing a win against Gibraltar and the correct result in Warsaw the same night. Looks like it could well go that way.

Poland were lucky to escape with a draw in Dublin

Not really. We dominated first half, they dominated second. They scored the equalizer in a last minute but we had a great scoring opportunity in stoppage time just after that. So you could also say Ireland was lucky too.

It won`t matter in upcoming games anyway. Each one is a new chapter.

Irealand will need a great improvement for remaining games plus combination of other results in group to qualify, whereas Poland, Scotland and Germany got everything in their hands at the moment.

Friday could come a bit quicker though.

Not really. We dominated first half, they dominated second. They scored the equalizer in a last minute but we had a great scoring opportunity in stoppage time just after that. So you could also say Ireland was lucky too.

It won`t matter in upcoming games anyway. Each one is a new chapter.

Irealand will need a great improvement for remaining games plus combination of other results in group to qualify, whereas Poland, Scotland and Germany got everything in their hands at the moment.

Friday could come a bit quicker though.

At the moment i think the most likely result is for Poland to win the group, Germany 2nd and Scotland 3rd. I might change my mind on that after Friday though. It's just great for us to be involved in such a tight group.

We need at least draw on friday to keep the chance for 1st place. But i`m not that greedy and would take the 2nd any time :)

If you are going to stay top of the group, I would prefer for you to do it in style by going all out attack and defeat Germany 3-0. I want none of this "play for a draw" nonsense. a draw doesn't help Scotland at all. :lol:

If you are going to stay top of the group, I would prefer for you to do it in style by going all out attack and defeat Germany 3-0. I want none of this "play for a draw" nonsense. a draw doesn't help Scotland at all. :lol:

I dont`t really think Germans will let us play for a draw. We will probably have to counter just to let the defence have a bit of a breath.