Steven Naismith - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steven Naismith

Robroysboy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my Evertonian boss asked me about Naismith when they signed him, my reply was along the lines of "10 games a season, mostly from the bench, certain starter in the League Cup". Well...delighted to be proved utterly wrong on that one :-))

That said, he has undoubtedly moved up a level since leaving Rangers, especially under Martinez.

He was poor in the last 2 Scotland games (goal apart). However, he fully deserves to be in the team based on his club form. And 1 goal in 2 games when not playing particularly well is a good sign. I just wish that his first touch was better - he would almost be a world beater if it was. For such a wee guy, he is fabulous in the air.

Obviously a certain starter and rightly so,but nevertheless I was disappointed at his lack of adventure against Georgia,too many lay offs,mostly backwards,instead of a one on one now and again.Just my opinion that he could be even better,I completely agree he should be ,along with Broon,the first name on the team sheet.

Last season i was on this message board saying he needed a move and wouldnt be a regular starter at goodison.

He has proved wrong and he doe not look out of place in arguably the best league in the world.

well I was nodding in agreement until your last 5 words

Agreed. That might of been the case about five years ago but not any longer. In Europe the Bundesliga, Serie 'A' and La Liga are stronger.

According to the UEFA country rankings it's:

Spain (by some margin)

England a fraction better than Germany

Then Italy a distant fourth.

Edited by davew