Steven Naismith - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steven Naismith

Robroysboy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rarely watch Europa league games but decided to watch purely for Naismith. Was immense I thought and couldnt believe his finish, didn't think he was capable of a ruthless sort of van persie esq smash home, was superb stuff watching it.

Robroysboy I don't think it is even open for debate. No EPL club has even made the final of the Champions League in the last two years and no winners or finalists in the Europa League in even more years than that. That is the acid proof.

When did Chelsea win the Europa league?

In case you can't google it was 2 years ago.

Also, in the last 10 years of the CL England have had 8 finalists, Spain have had 5 finalists, Germany have had 4 finalists & Italy have had 3 finalists.

Not quite sure what you were trying to prove with your stats & made up stats?

Edited by Glasgowmancity

Agree with comments saying he's first name on the team sheet - hope he cant start turning his goal tally round next week.

That said, I'm not convinced Naismith and Fletcher are on the same wavelength as a pairing - was very disappointed in them against Georgia and if I was being brutally honest, I wasn't 100% sure they wanted to play together. Hopefully proved wrong next week as both as in form.

Really glad he scored in Warsaw, he missed chances in Dortmund and at home to Georgia - the kind he was sticking away for Everton - so hopefully that's a monkey of his back and he can go into the Ireland game full of confidence.

Himself and Steven Fletcher have yet to click on the park but the partnership makes sense on paper so worth preserving with for now.

I think it's been a case of Naismith and Fletcher needing a couple of games to get used to one another's style of play.

Just wish when Naismith is inside the box with the ball, he would resist the urge to take about 700 touches on the ball before shooting, just put yir bloody foot through it man ! Does my head in when he does that but opposition central defenders love it.

well i hope we see it soon. No doubt naismith has got what it takes but in general I have been underwhelmed by his performances for scotland

There's been flashes of brilliance for us, mainly Spain at home but yeah, he's due a big performance

Edited by ParisInAKilt

Also, in the last 10 years of the CL England have had 8 finalists, Spain have had 5 finalists, Germany have had 4 finalists & Italy have had 3 finalists.

Not quite sure what you were trying to prove with your stats & made up stats?

From 2008 till 2012 - 5 years in a row - England was top of the UEFA country rankings.

Basically between Man U winning the Champions League and Chelsea winning it.

Before that Spain were number 1 for 8 years in a row.

For the last two years Spain has been number 1 again.

Holland at home he was immense.

Aye he was good that night. I remember being angry when I saw him listed in the team because he wasn't playing regularly for Rangers back then. He was great against the Dutch and became a regular for club and country not long afterwards.

Had a goal wrongly called offside in that match didn't he ?

Holland at home he was immense.

Yeah. The amount of headers he won was incredible. I mind van bronkhorst stopped even going for headers against Naismith as he'd lost every one previously :lol:

If you asked me three years ago would we have two in form strikers for an international of this stature I would have bitten your hand off.

Why all the negativity here.

IMO the best forward line up we have had in a decade.

Positive players,playing at the top level.

What else you want....................

Yeah. The amount of headers he won was incredible. I mind van bronkhorst stopped even going for headers against Naismith as he'd lost every one previously :lol:

Aye that's my abiding memory.

I saw how good he was for us. I felt for him when he was getting ripped at Rangers and Everton after two bad injuries. He's bounced back each time to be a massive player for both clubs.

He's an brilliant wee guy off the field too. I remember I presented him with TAMB young player of the year I think with Bunnet (remember him) and YNTTK. Great ambassador for killie.

He's done brilliant and glad I got it wrong. I was one of those writing him off as being punted to Watford etc, but he's a good player.

One thing I dislike is his wee man syndrome. I wish he'd just get on with it - you'll always see him chibbing away at the ref after someone having had the balls to try and tackle him, and he's up waving his heid, shouting away. I fear he's moments away from a senseless booking/suspension.

I feared his retrospective punishment for an elbow may have affected him.

Was he playing under levience at the time. Was it against serbia ?

He has been one of the main consistent attacking players, more so since snoddy has been out injured.

Hope snodgrass is back to contribute in some of next years fixtures.

He's done brilliant and glad I got it wrong. I was one of those writing him off as being punted to Watford etc, but he's a good player.

One thing I dislike is his wee man syndrome. I wish he'd just get on with it - you'll always see him chibbing away at the ref after someone having had the balls to try and tackle him, and he's up waving his heid, shouting away. I fear he's moments away from a senseless booking/suspension.

I love the fact he's a wee moany bass, shows how much he cares and that attitude means he always gives 100 percent, if he wasn't like that he'd be a very different player. I've played with guys like that, the boys that don't care and shrug it off still put in the effort but the boys who get so angry at everything that goes against them give much more it's great having a teammate like that IMO.

I love the fact he's a wee moany bass, shows how much he cares and that attitude means he always gives 100 percent, if he wasn't like that he'd be a very different player. I've played with guys like that, the boys that don't care and shrug it off still put in the effort but the boys who get so angry at everything that goes against them give much more it's great having a teammate like that IMO.

Agreed.

Disagree mate - shows his desire to win, great attitude to have on the pitch, long may it continue

Agree, that's what I'm like when I play, happy to admit I'm a moany and aggressive , shame I'm pish. When players like that get riled up they play better. My dad always said I was at my best when someone kicked me or hacked me.