Scotland Players January Transfer Rumours - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players January Transfer Rumours

kmcca5

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Kennedy? Really

Has he actually done anything for Hibs?

I think your onto something there. He is on the bench an awful lot.

The sad truth is that Everton probably don't view Kennedy as a prospect anymore and were happy to just put him in the shop window.

If he was showing some promise they'd either have kept him or sent him out to a decent English Championship club or one of the better Scottish Premiership teams, not to a team playing in the Scottish second tier (no disrespect meant to the Hibees on here).

Pity he couldn't have stayed at Killie but they needed the money when they sold him.

The sad truth is that Everton probably don't view Kennedy as a prospect anymore and were happy to just put him in the shop window.

If he was showing some promise they'd either have kept him or sent him out to a decent English Championship club or one of the better Scottish Premiership teams, not to a team playing in the Scottish second tier (no disrespect meant to the Hibees on here).

Pity he couldn't have stayed at Killie but they needed the money when they sold him.

He had release clause.

We had no say in end up.

I understand your logic, but it's simply not true. Stubbs was a youth coach at Everton before coming to Hibs. So he was obviously rated quite highly by Everton. I'm sure he would have gone to an SPFL team or English championship team if it weren't for Stubbs' Everton connection.

I understand your logic, but it's simply not true. Stubbs was a youth coach at Everton before coming to Hibs. So he was obviously rated quite highly by Everton. I'm sure he would have gone to an SPFL team or English championship team if it weren't for Stubbs' Everton connection.

Yip - Stubbs was the main reason. Martinez was wanting him to go there.

Players seen as potential first teamers for Premier League clubs chasing European spots don't go on loan to the Scottish second tier.

There's plenty of reserve team coaches and such like who move to another club and use their contacts at their old clubs to get players, Stubbs has done this with Kennedy. Naturally every coach will try and keep a young players confidence up by saying they are "one for the future". Martinez and Stubbs are naturally just trying to give Kennedy some confidence.

If Everton really rated Kennedy they'd have kept him for their domestic cup and Europa League games this year.

I really hate to say it but it's looking increasingly unlikely Kennedy will make it at Everton. If he can't make an impact on the Scottish Championship (in addition to his underwhelming loans at MK Dons and Tranmere) what hope does he have of impressing at Goodison ?

I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong about Kennedy though :ok:

Not internationals (yet) but some young Scots are being mentioned for moves.

Tony Watt to Charlton. Makes sense as the guy that owns Charlton also own Standard Liège and has brought a few players over to London with them.

Graeme Shinnie to Celtic as Izzaguire's replacement.

Stephen Hendrie of Hamilton being watched by Crystal Palace, West Ham and Celtic.