Scotland Players January Transfer Rumours - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players January Transfer Rumours

kmcca5

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What position does Muirhead play ? On the wing, attacking midfield or up front ?

Striker. Probably can play wide too though - to be fair.... When these players go to the big or relatively big English teams they are quite good at developing them into their best position, like Russell for example. Developed into a very effective attacking wide player, Forsyth was reverted to a left back - Maybe not such a bad move and the development league is a good standard also...

Cheers ProudScot and Squirrelhumper, hope it's not long before we get another Naismith from Killie :ok:

By the way, what's happened to Mark O'Hara ? He doesn't seem to play much these days after being linked with a move down south last season. My Dad grew up a few doors down from Mark O'Hara's father and grandfather in Barrhead years ago, big Celtic supporters they were.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

brentford jeez.

What's wrong with Brentford ? They are a decent team who may very well be playing in the Premier League next year.

We're in absolutely no position to be turning our noses up at certain clubs.

Brentford also had a few Scotland internationals in the 1930s and 40s.

Did you have the same reaction when we first started picking players from Wigan ?

What's wrong with Brentford ? They are a decent team who may very well be playing in the Premier League next year.

We're in absolutely no position to be turning our noses up at certain clubs.

Brentford also had a few Scotland internationals in the 1930s and 40s.

Did you have the same reaction when we first started picking players from Wigan ?

considering the other teams he has been linked with i am a bit underwhelmed. Wigan are a far bigger club than brentford.

considering the other teams he has been linked with i am a bit underwhelmed. Wigan are a far bigger club than brentford.

Doing well in the championship and a club on the up (just about to start work on a new 20k stadium) Edited by wanderer

Coventry City are far bigger club than both of them but we won't be picking Danny Swanson or Andy Webster any time soon.

Wigan a far bigger club than Brentford ? That's debateable. Certainly much more successful in recent years than the Bees but until 2002 their attendances were quite similar to those at Griffin Park.

Brentford may be small, but they are a very well run club and currently have a very good team and manager.

Brentford would be a good move for Lewis MacLeod.

As much as I can understand the reaction of some to MacLeod's unspectacular move to Brentford, no bigger teams will take a £1m gamble on a player whose highest level of experience is in Scotland's second tier with a dysfunctional and poor footballing side.

If he does well he'll get a decent move somewhere in the future and Brentford will make a healthy return on their expensive investment. I do feel that the Rangers board have played a blinder here by getting £1m for him, given that if he played for Hibs or QotS, you would be lucky to get anywhere near half that figure. Somers and the Easdales can order some new Bentley's with their cut of the transfer fee.

As much as I can understand the reaction of some to MacLeod's unspectacular move to Brentford, no bigger teams will take a £1m gamble on a player whose highest level of experience is in Scotland's second tier with a dysfunctional and poor footballing side.

If he does well he'll get a decent move somewhere in the future and Brentford will make a healthy return on their expensive investment. I do feel that the Rangers board have played a blinder here by getting £1m for him, given that if he played for Hibs or QotS, you would be lucky to get anywhere near half that figure. Somers and the Easdales can order some new Bentley's with their cut of the transfer fee.

This. Totally unproven player, rangers are getting much more than they deserve.

Lewis MacLeod in London for talks today with Brentford according to reports. £1m apparently being mentioned.

Brentford are on the up. Moving to a stadium soon, should become an established Championship team.