Davie Cooper - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Davie Cooper

Johnny_Ham

Great memories in that video, but strangely I remember the Australia home game more fondly. It was a much bigger game (play-off for the World Cup finals), similar crowd (60/70-thousand-ish), an incredible atmosphere, but a hundred times more tense.

At least, it was until Davie Cooper stepped up to take that free-kick in the 60th minute ...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very good player and an absolute joy to watch in the hard industrial days 1980's Scottish football though lets not get to carried away as his contemporaries of that era particularly those who moved in England achieved much more.

Unfortuately he could easily be tagged as a bigot if you apply modern day attitudes or a product of his time if you are being genreous

I read his autobiography (1st edition) years ago and he made some comment or other about traditions and not wanting to live next door to someone of a different faith which made an aethisit like me just shake my heid.

I remembered it caused a stir of a time when serialised in the newspapers and maybe was deleted out of the next print run.