Score Prediction Scotland V Northern Ireland - Page 2 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Score Prediction Scotland V Northern Ireland

UlsterScot

Lads what's the best/cheapest way for us to get from Glasgow Int. Airport to Argyle Street on the morning of the match. 11 of us in our travelling party.

Prebook a couple of taxis. Couple of 6 seaters will do it and it should be under £20 a taxi. Can't actually comment on the taxi rank outside the airport but I'd imagine it's dearer.

Bus is a rip off.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lads what's the best/cheapest way for us to get from Glasgow Int. Airport to Argyle Street on the morning of the match. 11 of us in our travelling party.

Avoid the bus. Taxi won't be more than £5 each.

Alternatively, you should be able to walk it in about 90 minutes.

Some of the posts by Scotland supporters on this thread are embarrassing.

What may be embarrassing to you is just the plain truth to many others.

A lot of us don't want anything to do with the steamy, passionate Orange love in that a few Scots have for the so called "Ulster-Scots" and all this whole "brothers across the water" nonsense.

A lot of us don't want anything to do with the steamy, passionate Orange love in that a few Scots have for the so called "Ulster-Scots" and all this whole "brothers across the water" nonsense.

lol

Don't go the game then and stand outside demonstrating your self-righteous indignation.

Don't go the game then and stand outside demonstrating your self-righteous indignation.

Why is it self righteous to oppose the sectarian culture that a few strange Scots and their supposed "brothers across the water" like to make a song and dance about ?

What relevance does their Protestant supremacist, colonialist and genocide celebrating "culture" have to do with the 21st Century ?

Not my glass of Irn Bru thank you very much. If they can get over that one day then great.

Also someone who is a descendant of a couple of "true blue proddy" plantation families then I think I'm perfectly entitled to oppose them :wave:

Why is it self righteous to oppose the sectarian culture that a few strange Scots and their supposed "brothers across the water" like to make a song and dance about ?

What relevance does their Protestant supremacist, colonialist and genocide celebrating "culture" have to do with the 21st Century ?

Not my glass of Irn Bru thank you very much. If they can get over that one day then great.

Also someone who is a descendant of a couple of "true blue proddy" plantation families then I think I'm perfectly entitled to oppose them :wave:

Why are you making a sweeping generalisation about the Northern Irish support?

Why are you making a sweeping generalisation about the Northern Irish support?

I've said before that I found them to be alright in 2008 at Hampden.

However there were more than a few bad reports of them making a show of themselves in Dublin with their "behind enemy lines" mentality. If they had truly grown up by now and put the past behind them then surely they'd have been fine in Dublin just as the TA and the Welsh supporters were.

If everything passes off without a hitch at Hampden then I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong. We shall see however.

I also cringe when they try to claim they are part Scottish. They are not. They are 100% Irish and should accept it. What roots they had with Scotland ended between 300 to 400 years ago for crying out loud. Furthermore, Scotland's role in the plantations and the horrific genocide that went along with it, is absolutely nothing to be proud about.

Now I've answered your question, then perhaps you'll answer mine, which I repeat here for you:

"Why is it self righteous to oppose the sectarian culture that a few strange Scots and their supposed "brothers across the water" like to make a song and dance about ?

What relevance does their Protestant supremacist, colonialist and genocide celebrating "culture" have to do with the 21st Century ?"

Now I've answered your question, then perhaps you'll answer mine, which I repeat here for you:

"Why is it self righteous to oppose the sectarian culture that a few strange Scots and their supposed "brothers across the water" like to make a song and dance about ?

What relevance does their Protestant supremacist, colonialist and genocide celebrating "culture" have to do with the 21st Century ?"

It's self righteous so assume that all the Nothern Irish support has a sectarian culture and who on here and made any sort of song and dance about "brothers across the water"?

As for your second point it's really to ludicrous to give an answer to.

You really are a nasty little racist.

Edited by Larky Masher

It's self righteous so assume that all the Nothern Irish support has a sectarian culture and who on here and made any sort of song and dance about "brothers across the water"?

As for your second point it's really to ludicrous to give an answer to.

You really are a nasty little racist.

Words fail me.

I've said before that I found them to be alright in 2008 at Hampden.

However there were more than a few bad reports of them making a show of themselves in Dublin with their "behind enemy lines" mentality. If they had truly grown up by now and put the past behind them then surely they'd have been fine in Dublin just as the TA and the Welsh supporters were.

If everything passes off without a hitch at Hampden then I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong. We shall see however.

I also cringe when they try to claim they are part Scottish. They are not. They are 100% Irish and should accept it. What roots they had with Scotland ended between 300 to 400 years ago for crying out loud. Furthermore, Scotland's role in the plantations and the horrific genocide that went along with it, is absolutely nothing to be proud about.

You are the epitome of a sectarian ignorant bigoted racist,

If you were spouting this random nonsense about black people or Muslims , I have no doubt you would be banned from most forums.....

You are the epitome of a sectarian ignorant bigoted racist,

If you were spouting this random nonsense about black people or Muslims , I have no doubt you would be banned from most forums.....

Racist against who?? The bigots from the north of Ireland are not a race.

Not all, you are correct. A good number can be found in Ibrox as well.

People with your mindset is the reason sectarianism, racism and bigotry thrive.....

Blindly spout and believe lies for no other reason than hatred.

Your lies, hatred and bigotry show little difference than that of The NF/EDL and BNP.....

Clueless