Travelling Northern Ireland Fans - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Travelling Northern Ireland Fans

UlsterScot

Nowhere near the 8000+ NI Fans travelling to Glasgow as the 2008 friendly. A good source at the I.F.A. told me on Monday just past that there had only been just over 800 sold and they have gave a deadline for 31 January for ticket sales. So under a thousand this time.

Won't be many home fans either. Pretty uninspiring friendly for both sets of fans.

Should be played at Rugby Park. Handy for Northern Ireland fans getting the ferry into Troon. They also appear to have a big following in Ayrshire too.

I agree about it being uninspiring although I'm flying over Kilmarnock would have been a good call. I think the Troon Larne ferry only operates spring/summer.

A comedian is in our midst

No not really Im stating fact. In 2008 before the game bars around Glasgow were full of Norn Irn fans with strong Glasgow accents.Now its not very hard to work out what club team they supported.

Well back on topic the I.F.A. announced today that they have instructed TicketMaster to keep selling Scotland v Northern Ireland tickets until the end of February.

The SFA have extended the match package that includes a " free NI" ticket, january is a bad time to sell tickets as everyone is still financially recovering from christmas.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks-heading over to this game on my own as a bit like your own support no one is that interested in the game. I need a bit of advice if someone can help. I am flying into edinburgh airport as the flight prices to glasgow were too expensive. Is the easiest way to get from Edinburgh airport to Glasgow a direct bus?Anyone any idea if I need to book this in advance to ensure I get on? Just one more thing-i want somewhere to stay which is cheap and clean-is the ibis in a safe enough part of the city as I'm on my own or would you advise against it. Never been in Glasgow before so looking forward to it. Thank you in advance

Edited by Donaghy

There is indeed a direct bus from Edinburgh Airport to Glasgow Bus Station. You can just get on it, but book it in advance (megabus.com) for pennies.

Glasgow is perfectly safe, although, i'd recommend you avoid the East End though.

Thanks for the advice deecie. The hotel is in west regent street which seems pretty central-for £35 it can't be too fancy! think I will go ahead and book it and the bus.

If you are looking for a hostel, I'd recommend Euro Hostel

Thank you mate I've stayed in hostels recently on away trips including a class one in Moscow a couple years ago but I think £30 is dead on in the ibis.

Just looking at the bus from edinburgh-the options you can book to in glasgow are anniesland cross, drum chapel drumroll roundabout, gartnavel great western road or hill head great western road? Are any of these central?

Thank you mate I've stayed in hostels recently on away trips including a class one in Moscow a couple years ago but I think £30 is dead on in the ibis.

Just looking at the bus from edinburgh-the options you can book to in glasgow are anniesland cross, drum chapel drumroll roundabout, gartnavel great western road or hill head great western road? Are any of these central?

Think something may be wrong there. All those options are heading out the west end.

If you're staying in the Ibis you want a bus to Buchanan Street Bus Station, walking distance from the hotel.

There is a direct bus linking the two.

I agree, that sounds like the wrong bus!

Click here: http://uk.megabus.com/

Select "Edinburgh Airport" then "Glasgow". Easy as.