Prague - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Prague

S18LAF

Organising a Stag Doo for around 20 in Feb, taking in a Sparta Prague game on the Sat. Anyone got any hints/tips for me?

Been before, last time was for the '4-6-0 game' but never in a group as large or for a Stag!

Cheers!

It's a long uphill walk through Letenske Park to the stadium..........but there is a bar at the top. :ok:

Nice 1 mate!

Any other hints for places to go in the city...apart from the normal Old Town and Wenceslas Sq? There for 4/5 days, just looking for a bit of variation, nothing worse IMO than going away and sitting in the same boozer for 4/5 days

I'd recommend the trip to see the castle if you're actually wanting to do a few hours out of the pub.

The Castle & Golden Lane are worth a visit. There's a transport museum up that end & you can get an old fashioned tram back into town....bit of a boneshaker. :yikes3:

Over Charles Bridge is the Kampa district, a lot less touristy but plenty of cafe's & bars.

Did a day trip to a shooting range.

'Twas decent.

I'd also recommend Dukla rather than Sparta, will be a much more relaxed day out.

Dukla are away that weekend!

Was looking at the day trips mate seems decent, was maybe gonna try get one booked, also had a look at booking a 5-a-side pitch for a few hours the morning of the Sparta game, only thing is can imagine someone getting hurt, prob would be me with chocolate ankles! Hahah!

Tbh dont think the group would be really interested in the castle or museums, but thanks alot guys!

Haha! Aye Deecie that was another reason why not so sure! There are a few non drinkers in the group so that was the thinking behind doing a few alcohol free related activites, try to accomidate everyone! The shooting range does sound like a shout!

Well Flora I would be lying saying that suggestion hasnt been already made by the group! Haha!

Might not be for everyone, but on one of my visits to Prague, to break up the football and beer theme, we went to see the memorial site of Terezin concentration camp. It's about an hour from Prague and we did it by getting the local bus, but I believe you could do a tour with a guide leaving Prague about 10am and back for about 5pm, for about 20 quid a head.

Was a sad but interesting visit, learned a lot.