Australian Open Tennis - Page 3 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Australian Open Tennis

min

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah right, think I must be thinking of the US that is on through the night.

Cheers.

Aye this would be right. I seem to mind getting up through the night to watch Murray get pumped in straight sets last year. I seen the first 4 games then woke up when the players were waling off court :blush:

Since Djokovic has yet to play his 1/4 final, I assume Murray will be Thursday morning and the top half of the draw Friday morning?

That's right. 24 hours extra rest for Murray or Berdych before the final.

Some of the messages on the BBC Sports site are unbelievable, the venim that some of our friends south of the border spout are totally disgusting. If he were English he would be treated like a superstar.

Puck them Andy. Get it right up them.

Australian open is bloody murder for viewing. I used to stay up watching all Andy's matches and would be like a zombie intermittently for a fortnight.....I don't bother anymore. I'll not get to see Thursday's match which is annoying as I'm off Friday. If he gets to the final I'll also miss most of that as I have hospitality at the old firm match......I would much prefer to watch the tennis tbh but can't get out of it. Never thought I'd want to miss the football for tennis!

Wawrinka and Djokovic both through in straight sets (a little surprised at that) - hopefully thats a 5 set epic if Murray manages to get the better of Berdych.

I was surprised at Wawrinka beating Nishikori easily, but Djokovic is in cruise control and has yet to drop a set. Here's hoping for a tough semi-final, but if Djokovic on form is simply better than anyone else.

Both looking good. Could go either way.

First set to Berdych, but you're right both playing well and absolutely nothing between them as their seedings suggest. Could go to five sets.