Davis Cup - Page 3 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Davis Cup

Flora MaDonald

It's an embarrassing BritNat w@nkfest. Mainly full of the following - people coming up from England who are proud to be British. Fair enough, don't have an issue with that at all. And Scots who consider themselves Brits and see this is as a chance to also assert they're real Scots too. Deluded t0ssers. I'm out.

So you're not supporting Scotlands greatest ever tennis player, Andy Murray then?

Simply because you don't like some of the other supporters attitudes?

Pretty sad really.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're not supporting Scotlands greatest ever tennis player, Andy Murray then?

Simply because you don't like some of the other supporters attitudes?

Pretty sad really.

Who said I wasn't supporting Murray? In fact, if I'm being honest I want them to beat the US, I just can't be doing with the UJ p!sh going on.

I just back on a few seconds ago to see Johann Lamont has blagged her way in (sitting behind Isner).

Who said I wasn't supporting Murray? In fact, if I'm being honest I want them to beat the US, I just can't be doing with the UJ p!sh going on.

I just back on a few seconds ago to see Johann Lamont has blagged her way in (sitting behind Isner).

How do you know she's "blagged' her way in?

And isn't she allowed to like tennis?

I've no interest in tennis, but no issue at all with those who do wanting to take in the Davis Cup and supporting the GB team if they want. It really doesn't matter. I also thought that Hugh McDonald made a good point on Sport Nation yesterday morning, in that the chance of Scotland producing another tennis player good enough to be in the top 2-3 in the world in our lifetime are so remote that anyone interested in tennis would be daft not to take the chance to see him on one of the few occasions he will play in Scotland (it has been about 5 years since he has I think they said). Hope they enjoy it; friends who were there on Friday (both Yes voters, not that it matters) loved it.

Edited by Pool Q

Cracking day out and very impressed with the Emirates in terms of sight lines and facilities!

Sure there were lots of folk with Union Flags but nearly as many with Saltires and to be fair everyone was focussed on the game and supporting Andy. Nice atmosphere actually, though we did notice that if you support football you can take almost nothing into a ground, if you support rugby, you can buy a beer in the ground and take it to your seat but in tennis folk were opening up picnic baskets and bottles of wine - and the old dear in front of me had a full fruit loaf and a bread knife!!

Fantastic to see two players in the top 20 of world tennis in a truly competitive match, in Glasgow!

TT

The quarter final against France is a home tie but might not be played at the Emirates. Its the week after Wimbledon and it may be preferable to play on grass. Regardless of your view on the GB v Scotland debate what is beyond doubt is the venue has proved a massive success for Glasgow and Scotland.

Edited by EddardStark

It's an embarrassing BritNat w@nkfest. Mainly full of the following - people coming up from England who are proud to be British. Fair enough, don't have an issue with that at all. And Scots who consider themselves Brits and see this is as a chance to also assert they're real Scots too. Deluded t0ssers. I'm out.

You were there and saw that then? The guy in front of me wearing a Yes14 shirt must have been a hallucination.

Not a big fan of the Davis Cup and feel it's an unwanted distraction from the tour, but was glued to the screen over the weekend. I don't like Isner's limited tennis style, so was certainly glad that Ward got the victory over him on Friday. Murray was really fired up for this event, which was good to see - hopefully he can keep that up in the coming weeks.

The venue looked and sounded superb and don't know what the set-up is like at the Emirates, but is there any scope for it to host a regular ATP 250 event?