Best Sandwich Filling.... - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best Sandwich Filling....

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whilst we are at.

a good medium strong cheddar with raspberry jam. Believe it may be have roots as a "miners piece"? Absolutely tremendous, dont knock it, till you have tried it.

Alternative to the jam is a nice tangy marmalade (especially in heavily buttered digestives making the 'bread' bit).

The snobbery on this board is getting to ridiculous levels !

Next thing nobody will admit that melted cheese packed onto an outer/healy with a sprinkling of lea an perrins then 'baked' under the grill is suffice to be up amongst the best :P

Edited by jock strap

A pal of mine was fed up hearing that the cafe/deli culture in London was superior to that in Glasgow. One day on a visit to the city, a sign in a deli window caught his eye: "Every choice of sandwich filling you can imagine".

"What a ridiculous claim" he thinks and in he goes. When the waiter comes to his table, he asks my friend for his choice of filling. He replies "I'd like a sandwich with the fresh lips of a nun's c**t, please".

The waiter bats not an eyelid. "Certainly sir, and would you like that on white, brown, wholemeal, granary or bap. My pal (now a little taken aback) asks for wholemeal. The waiter takes the order, and returns to the kitchen.

A couple of minutes later he comes back empty-handed and with a slightly apologetic look. "I'm terribly sorry sir, but we're fresh out of granary".

A pal of mine was fed up hearing that the cafe/deli culture in London was superior to that in Glasgow. One day on a visit to the city, a sign in a deli window caught his eye: "Every choice of sandwich filling you can imagine".

"What a ridiculous claim" he thinks and in he goes. When the waiter comes to his table, he asks my friend for his choice of filling. He replies "I'd like a sandwich with the fresh lips of a nun's c**t, please".

The waiter bats not an eyelid. "Certainly sir, and would you like that on white, brown, wholemeal, granary or bap. My pal (now a little taken aback) asks for wholemeal. The waiter takes the order, and returns to the kitchen.

A couple of minutes later he comes back empty-handed and with a slightly apologetic look. "I'm terribly sorry sir, but we're fresh out of granary".

TE, please explain to the dim what I'm missing here? This is why Flure's jokes whilst sheite are also popular, they're easy to understand.