Massive Support For Snp Visible - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

It's almost as if there's a correlation between the people that you meet and the people who willfully support the party you're campaigning against. Wonder why that would be?

As far as silly statements go that's up there with something our resident paedophile would say.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as North Ayrshire go. With the odd exception of the Garnock Valley (where I live sadly), the working class and less affluent schemes are canvassing high for Labour. SNP support is of course rife with business owners... When you reach the middle classes of Largs and Skelmorlie the SNP support tails off to Tory. Garnock Valley is full of SNP types... My own parents included :(

Glad I'm no the only one :whistling:

Katy Clark seems awright tbf to her. Be voting SNP but I can see the appeal of Labour, locally. One of the few areas where they may sneak a seat.

Glad I'm no the only one :whistling:

Katy Clark seems awright tbf to her. Be voting SNP but I can see the appeal of Labour, locally. One of the few areas where they may sneak a seat.

Garnock Valley is definitely an oddity. We can go full streets without finding anything other than SNP. Kilbirnie has a higher Labour support than Beith and Dalry, whether that's due to ageing population or not I'm not sure as I haven't been on any of the Garnock Valley canvasses. Kilwinning, Saltcoats, and Ardrossan are more densley Labour, but not to the point that the GV is. Stevenson is like the twilight zone with support split evenly between Labour, SNP and Tory.

I'd estimate I've canvassed around 400-500 houses for this GE campaign... And I've not found a single Lib Dem :lol:... Few UKIP though :(

Garnock Valley is definitely an oddity. We can go full streets without finding anything other than SNP. Kilbirnie has a higher Labour support than Beith and Dalry, whether that's due to ageing population or not I'm not sure as I haven't been on any of the Garnock Valley canvasses. Kilwinning, Saltcoats, and Ardrossan are more densley Labour, but not to the point that the GV is. Stevenson is like the twilight zone with support split evenly between Labour, SNP and Tory.

I'd estimate I've canvassed around 400-500 houses for this GE campaign... And I've not found a single Lib Dem :lol:... Few UKIP though :(

Not sure if it's still the case, but the Labour Club used to be really popular in Kilbirnie. I guess it was one of the few remaining bars in the town. More of a Labour area than anywhere else in the GV. I guess a lot of people mostly get their news from their Facebook friends, the BBC and The Sun/Daily Mail online etc where Pro-Union opinions are fairly dominant. Not surprising that it's a bit different than Glasgow, only a few miles up the road. A lot less engagement and a lack of information available. The canvassers can only do so much, and people have to be willing to listen. I reckon Labour will defy the polls and hold on to their seat. Katy Clark is one of the few remaining truly left Labour politicians. Indeed I believe she was the only one that voted against austerity.

Weirdly I know what you mean about UKIP. I know a fair few who are openly UKIP :blink: ! Compared to the rest of Scotland, NA has a worryingly large amount of right wing types...

Not sure if it's still the case, but the Labour Club used to be really popular in Kilbirnie. I guess it was one of the few remaining bars in the town. More of a Labour area than anywhere else in the GV. I guess a lot of people mostly get their news from their Facebook friends, the BBC and The Sun/Daily Mail online etc where Pro-Union opinions are fairly dominant. Not surprising that it's a bit different than Glasgow, only a few miles up the road. A lot less engagement and a lack of information available. The canvassers can only do so much, and people have to be willing to listen. I reckon Labour will defy the polls and hold on to their seat. Katy Clark is one of the few remaining truly left Labour politicians. Indeed I believe she was the only one that voted against austerity.

Weirdly I know what you mean about UKIP. I know a fair few who are openly UKIP :blink: ! Compared to the rest of Scotland, NA has a worryingly large amount of right wing types...

The UKIP candidate for North Ayrshire and Arran is my best friends aunt... Not even her family are voting for her :lol:. Saying that, she's a lovely woman... But clearly politically confused.

Hey, I'm just a concerned citizen. When a poster starts imagining his fellow posters as little boys wearing school uniforms, that sets alarm bells ringing. As a father myself it's frightening.

I haven't seen the post you're referring to yet but would I be right in thinking that you and Mr Bibber have been exchanging pleasantries again? :lol:

I haven't seen the post you're referring to yet but would I be right in thinking that you and Mr Bibber have been exchanging pleasantries again? :lol:

If his fantasizing about me keeps children safe, then I'm all for it. He's for the watching though.

One thing I've noticed about Edinburgh is the amount of SNP posters etc in windows of houses in some of the city's most expensive areas (Grange, Blacket, Murrayfield, Morningside/Cluny, Blackhall). Even saw one in Ann Street. During the indy ref it was 'No Thanks' posters in most windows in these areas.

All we need is the guy in Edinburgh's most expensive house to put one up. But he's an Afghani, so not sure how he'll vote.

One thing I've noticed about Edinburgh is the amount of SNP posters etc in windows of houses in some of the city's most expensive areas (Grange, Blacket, Murrayfield, Morningside/Cluny, Blackhall). Even saw one in Ann Street. During the indy ref it was 'No Thanks' posters in most windows in these areas.

All we need is the guy in Edinburgh's most expensive house to put one up. But he's an Afghani, so not sure how he'll vote.

I cant agree with the above bit. During Indy ref there were maybe 2/3 times as many Yes posters showing as No posters - which was great to see and gave me hope and yet the area still voted no in fairly significant numbers. was it about 60% no? So I am not getting my hopes up this time.

The sleeping No's are out there still, and i doubt many of them will be voting for the SNP?

The sleeping No's are out there still, and i doubt many of them will be voting for the SNP?

You're right. However this time the No's are split 3 ways.

I doubt many Yes voters will be voting anything other than SNP.

I see one reason. The Yes campaign did not convince people beyond reasonable doubt.

Damn you and your common sense!

I see lots of SNP and Tory stuff in Aberdeen, with a small sprinkling of Lib Dems.

Labour appears to be dead.

I cant agree with the above bit. During Indy ref there were maybe 2/3 times as many Yes posters showing as No posters - which was great to see and gave me hope and yet the area still voted no in fairly significant numbers. was it about 60% no? So I am not getting my hopes up this time.

Maybe you weren't out robbing houses in the same streets as me :-))

Sleeping No's may be quite difficult to call this election. Some wanted Devo Max and some just simply didn't like Salmond. My neighbour was a No simply because of Salmond (but liked the idea of Devo Max). He likes Nicola, so is voting SNP.

Coburn? :lol: ouch.

I would have to lend my vote to the SNP *gags*.

The lack of a Green candidate means my only dilemma is whether to vote SNP or write "is a bigoted whank" after Coburn's name.

The lack of a Green candidate means my only dilemma is whether to vote SNP or write "is a bigoted whank" after Coburn's name.

I'd probably pick SNP over Greens, unless their candidate was exceptional.

My voting preference would be:

Katy Clark :wub:

TUSC (not standing in my area)

SSP (not standing in my area)

SNP

Greens (not standing in my area)

Labour (if it were another candidate)

Tory

Or writing "bigoted cow... Sorry Sharon, say hello to your boys for me" next to UKIP