Tamb Running Thread - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh no. I am asking a question about getting the best out of the activity. Long distance running tends to lead to long distance jogging.

I used to run half marathons which, for me, led to joint pains. Now I only do 10k maximum, and train off road or on astro turf. The only time i run on tarmac is at a race. My friend was an excellent runner when we were younger, now he can't run because of bad knees, and he did several marathons, and always trained on the road. So yes, running is good for your fitness but conversely, can be bad for your body.

Best of luck. I'm assuming you're doing the Crathes HM?

Indeed I am. I know I should be fine, although I really can't believe I've reached this day.

Got a bit of a boost the other day when I reached my long-term weight goal of 89kg that I set when I was diagnosed diabetic at the start of last year and was 136kg.

Also doing the Great Scottish Run in Glasgow next month.

I'm heading to Inverness on Sunday with a mutual associate, although not sure if i'll run yet.

If I'm not 100% going to save myself for the week after. I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that 2-weeks rest isn't the correct preparation for a half marathon.

I've also found the perfect race for the day after the Ireland game.

Indeed I am. I know I should be fine, although I really can't believe I've reached this day.

Got a bit of a boost the other day when I reached my long-term weight goal of 89kg that I set when I was diagnosed diabetic at the start of last year and was 136kg.

Also doing the Great Scottish Run in Glasgow next month.

If you have not read this you should...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pure-White-And-Deadly-killing/dp/0241965284/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411656832&sr=8-1&keywords=john+yudkin

Then read this...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trick-Treat-Healthy-Eating-Making/dp/1905140223/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1411656879&sr=8-4&keywords=barry+groves

You should be able to reverse Type II diabetes with just a change in diet.

Absolutely zero sugar or any food to which it is added and then restrict your other carbohydrate intake.