Rangers Recovery - Season 2015/2016 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Recovery - Season 2015/2016

After the worst season in our history and a quite humiliating defeat to a team that is no better than average, 2014/2015 will definitely be a season to forget. With reports emerging that Mark Warburton is nailed on to get the job next year, with Davie Weir as assistant, I really hope he gets it. Down to as low as 1/2 at the bookies to take the gig. He done really well at Brentford and I am confident he would be the man to take us forward next year.

In other news we have started to release some of the deadwood with Daly announcing his departure and McCulloch, Boyd, Black, Mohsni, Smith, Hutton, Foster, Simonsen, Robinson and Faure all out of contract. To that list I would add Bell, Law and Templeton to be shown the door.

I hope I can look back at this thread this time next year having seen a significant improvement to our playing and management squad and having gained promotion.

Here's to a positive 2015/2016 season bears :headbang:

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that we find ourselves both in the championship again this season, I hope your recovery takes a bit longer. I think that you now find yourselves in a similar situation as we were this season.

You will have to rebuild with so many players out of contract and the managers position uncertain.

This takes time as we found out this season and hopefully we can hit the ground running and build a lead before you get going.

Now that we find ourselves both in the championship again this season, I hope your recovery takes a bit longer. I think that you now find yourselves in a similar situation as we were this season.

You will have to rebuild with so many players out of contract and the managers position uncertain.

This takes time as we found out this season and hopefully we can hit the ground running and build a lead before you get going.

We've had three season and haven't even broken into a leisurely jog never mind a run.

We've had three season and haven't even broken into a leisurely jog never mind a run.

I know hopefully we can actually turn the corner this season, been about for too long now.

Feck off sheep this is a positive thread, you lot stay in the other one :lol: :lol:

Don't you know that every one of these threads will turn into a gers bashing session?

Just thought I would stop the un necessary waiting for it.

:D

Kenny Macintyre @bbckennymac 41m41 minutes ago

@tagsbo I've heard nothing new I'm afraid. Told last Wed by friend of Warb in the game said Warb been contacted & told on Sat that Weir ....

Kenny Macintyre @bbckennymac 40m40 minutes ago

@tagsbo .....contacting signing targets. Think many journos hearing the same but just spec for now - nothing we can broadcast.

If Mccall gets the job permanently, I'd be looking to see what Bradford City players are out of contract....

If McCall gets the job we're fecked. I hope he's the next out the door.

Done absolutely nothing to warrant even being considered.

After the worst season in our history and a quite humiliating defeat to a team that is no better than average, 2014/2015 will definitely be a season to forget. With reports emerging that Mark Warburton is nailed on to get the job next year, with Davie Weir as assistant, I really hope he gets it. Down to as low as 1/2 at the bookies to take the gig. He done really well at Brentford and I am confident he would be the man to take us forward next year.

So you're wanting a Manager that failed to win the Championship and lost in play offs, Haven't you already got that?

So you're wanting a Manager that failed to win the Championship and lost in play offs, Haven't you already got that?

Well we haven't exactly got a queue going out the door do we?

He also got promotion from league 1 the year before then guided them to the play offs in the championship but you significantly left that part out.

If Mccall gets the job permanently, I'd be looking to see what Bradford City players are out of contract....

can't see McCall getting it, would be very suprised.

The manner of the defeat means a change of manager is more than likely.

I was behind the rangers dugout on Sunday, front row main stand and McCall and Kenny Black looked like broken men ready for the dole queue.

I don't want any big name signings.. I want a coach who can mould a team together from our youths and also a number of players who are available at manageable wage levels. I'll settle for another season in the Championship if that mean we had a plan in place.

Edited by EddardStark

Well we haven't exactly got a queue going out the door do we?

He also got promotion from league 1 the year before then guided them to the play offs in the championship but you significantly left that part out.

Ally McCoist won two promotions in a row... Edited by PASTA Mick

Ok, enough is enough. As much as I dislike Rangers it is time they got back into the SPL for the sake of Scottish football. I hope they and Hibs get promotion. If the X Brentford manager gets the job then they are on to a winner as he appears to be a great manager.

Ok, enough is enough. As much as I dislike Rangers it is time they got back into the SPL for the sake of Scottish football.

I find comments like this bizarre in the extreme.