Celtic Vs Malmo, Who Will Qualify ? - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic Vs Malmo, Who Will Qualify ?

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the type of penalty decision you think should be given however the rules say otherwise.

But you know it would have been given 100% at the other end.but it's not that it's the fouls by celtic players that he waves play on, 3 fouls worthy of yellows he didn't give but books Osman for a miss timed tackle that was never a booking and pulls up miller who clearly won the ball that lead to a booking for showing his frustration.

An all round typical shit OF bias ref.

But you know it would have been given 100% at the other end.but it's not that it's the fouls by celtic players that he waves play on, 3 fouls worthy of yellows he didn't give but books Osman for a miss timed tackle that was never a booking and pulls up miller who clearly won the ball that lead to a booking for showing his frustration.

^^^

To be fair, he was making the point that his value should be similar to that of Stones, who is likely to go for around £25m.

Value depends on your performances and the opposition.

Celtic play in the SPFL against very poor opposition when compared tother EPL and their expensive dullards.

To compare the two is total nonsense.

Stones is more than twice the player in a league that's more than twice as good. So Dvd is worth less than a quarter of Stones value, if that.

Celtic play in the SPFL against very poor opposition when compared tother EPL and their expensive dullards.

Stones is more than twice the player in a league that's more than twice as good. So Dvd is worth less than a quarter of Stones value, if that.

So if VvD does it in the Champions league against teams rice as good as Everton, Newcastle, Villa etc then he's worth 4 times as much as Stones?

From what I've seen of both I would rather have VvD in my team before stones.

When laudrup and Larsson played here where they really less of a player than Emerson or Trevor Sinclair who played in the greatest league in the world?

So if VvD does it in the Champions league against teams rice as good as Everton, Newcastle, Villa etc then he's worth 4 times as much as Stones?

From what I've seen of both I would rather have VvD in my team before stones.

You can't have seen much of stones then? He is an outstanding centre half. As good as I've ever seen for someone of his age.

VvD is a smashing big player as well, of that there is no doubt. Because he plays in Scotland he won't go for the same price of a player of equivalent ability, that's just the way it is. He will go to an EPL team and before long will be talked about in the 20million mark I think but a player leaving Scotland will not generate their club more than 10million nowadays.

You can't have seen much of stones then? He is an outstanding centre half. As good as I've ever seen for someone of his age.

VvD is a smashing big player as well, of that there is no doubt. Because he plays in Scotland he won't go for the same price of a player of equivalent ability, that's just the way it is. He will go to an EPL team and before long will be talked about in the 20million mark I think but a player leaving Scotland will not generate their club more than 10million nowadays.

I agree with most of this. It would take some top draw Champions League performances to enable Celtic to get top dollar for the star players. Forster and Wanyama both impressed at that level and still went for fairly modest sums compared to what gets splashed about for players in the Premier League.

The other thing that works against us is that these top players usual want to leave to move to a better league so we find it more difficult to hold on to them.

No, I have seen a lot of him and he is a great prospect but I have seen others as highly thought of who went on to do nothing. VvD is a more mature player, good on the ball and never rushed and at this moment in time a much better player than stones. If he was English then £30 million would be standard.

Be interesting to see the penalty again. At the time - and this is me being generous - I thought it might have been ball to hand. Had it have been the other way, it almost certainly would have been a penalty.

Osman's yellow card was a joke, considering Boyata got away with almost kicking Stevenson - sporting a Rab C Nesbitt headband - in the head. To be fair to him, at least he was decent enough to apologise.

On the plus side, Calum Booth and Sean Welsh both had good games, big Pogba looks like he can score goals and despite being a young team, the heads never went down, even after the second goal went in.

Be interesting to see the penalty again. At the time - and this is me being generous - I thought it might have been ball to hand. Had it have been the other way, it almost certainly would have been a penalty.

In all honesty it was ball to hand and I would be fuming if it had been given against us but I have no doubt by the refs poor decisions that if it had been at the other end he would have given it without a doubt.

This. Griffiths does more in 5 minutes than Ciftci does in 85. Whether Celtic progress or not might depend on Delia realising that Ciftci is pish.

Would like to see Griffiths get his chance in the champions league. If he could get some experience and goals at this level it would put him in contention for challenging for a starting 11 in strachans team.

Stones is decent, nothing more. He was at fault for Watfords second yesterday.

VVD absolutely cruises games. His footballing ability is first class aswell.

He would be suited to la liga.

VVD looks good in Scotland but then so did Boumsong.

That's not really any measure of ability at the higher levels.

Let's see if Celtic make the group stages and see how he does. He certainly hasn't shone against the low level European teams he's faced so far.

Until he's actually played against a top striker we won't know if he could cope in the EPL or anywhere else for that matter.

VVD looks good in Scotland but then so did Boumsong.

That's not really any measure of ability at the higher levels.

Let's see if Celtic make the group stages and see how he does. He certainly hasn't shone against the low level European teams he's faced so far.

Until he's actually played against a top striker we won't know if he could cope in the EPL or anywhere else for that matter.

In fairness only Craig Gotdon has(until last week). We where terrible last year.