Aberdeen And Hearts - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen And Hearts

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celtic's budget is bigger than the other 11 put together and 6 times that of Aberdeen.

Any challenge from Aberdeen or Hearts on that basis which keeps things interesting into the split would an achievement in itself.

A lot could depend on how all 3 look once the window closes.

McInnes has said no more signings but I've heard from decent sources ongoing interest in 2 different players either 1 of whom would significantly enhance the squad.

Good starts so far from both Aberdeen and Hearts but that is all it is. No point in either shouting the odds at this time.

Would love to see it but sadly no. Aberdeen missed their chance last season IMO. I can't see Celtic losing as many daft points as they did last term.

That said the Jambos are already surprising a few people. Tyncastle will be a very difficult place to go this term.

What about the daft points Aberdeen lost last season?

Lost 3 of their first 5 league games.

The key will be both Aberdeen and Hearts taking points off Celtic. If Celtic were to do 4/4 wins against both then they'll get away with a few daft results elsewhere. If they were to share the points with both then it could get interesting.

Whichever way you look at it Celtic's resources should see them home and hosed very comfortably though.

What about the daft points Aberdeen lost last season?

Lost 3 of their first 5 league games.

The key will be both Aberdeen and Hearts taking points off Celtic. If Celtic were to do 4/4 wins against both then they'll get away with a few daft results elsewhere. If they were to share the points with both then it could get interesting.

Whichever way you look at it Celtic's resources should see them home and hosed very comfortably though.

That's my point m8. Aberdeen will always drop points here and there. I was referring more to Celtic losing at home to Hamilton for example which is totally unexpected. Where you boys really had a chance was in the games against them IMO. I was talking about this in another thread, I think if you take those games out of the equation there was only 3 points of a difference between you. And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you lose another once the league was already gone? Quite an unusual stat in that it probably hasn't happened for a long time

To have any chance, you will need to beat them at least 3 times this season as I think you boys will drop more points against the other sides. Kilmarnock game apart, the look to be very strong domestically this term.

Last statement is spot on. what was your attendance yesterday out of interest? I remember thinking it was quite disappointing in the game after the Euro match. Point I'm making is that if you could get more through the door on a weekly basis it would at least bridge a wee bit of that.

Gap.

Edited by Angus_Young

@ByTheMinAFC: Average league crowd under McInnes now 12,980, or 47% higher than the pitiful 8,857 we were averaging under the slow death of Craig Brown.

Good to see.

Proves that aberdeen are comfortably the third largest club in the premiership.

Aberdeen are much stronger this season, and Hearts are a good team unit carrying on from the confidence of last season.

Unfortunately, it already looks like the rest of the league is much poorer than the last few years. United, ICT, Saints and Motherwell are all struggling with form and I don't see any other side out there that is going to come close to stringing a few wins together....everybody is just going to take points off everyone else.

We've got spell coming up where in a 2 week period from 12th September, Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts all play each other.

We'll know where we are after that.

Will partly depend on how many points Celtic drop after European matches. Seems to be a weak league and Hibs and Rangers must be kicking themselves for not being there. Hamilton and Ross County have started well and would be great if they could keep it up and really challenge for top 3.

Celtic will win it by 15+. McInnes is doing a good job at Aberdeen, but he isn't a miracle worker, he can't just make the financial realities disappear. Hearts have started well, but (although there is clearly a step up in the level of opposition from last season) we haven't played any of the stronger teams yet.

Hearts have started well, but (although there is clearly a step up in the level of opposition from last season) we haven't played any of the stronger teams yet.

I think you're doing your team a disservice. Dundee & County away are two very tough games. To have come away from them with a 100% record is excellent work.

It's good to see a bit of competition although still very early in campaign.

Hearts started very well, September will be interesting hopefully see rasellick drop some points.

The Dons playing some nice football, we still need to be a bit more ruthless and convert more of the chances created.

Long may it continue

Hearts have started well, but (although there is clearly a step up in the level of opposition from last season) we haven't played any of the stronger teams yet.

I think you're doing your team a disservice. Dundee & County away are two very tough games. To have come away from them with a 100% record is excellent work.

I'm not sure if Hearts winning away in Dingwall and Dundee is a sign of Hearts' strength or a sign of the inconsistencies of the other teams. Maybe a bit too early to tell.

Outside a 15 minute spell at the beginning of the 2nd half, Dundee were really disappointing on Saturday. They're a team that gave us all kinds of problems last season and it seems they'd strengthened this summer, but it looked like they turned up for a draw on Saturday and were generally pretty poor.

There's no doubt though that Hearts and Aberdeen will drop daft points this season more regularly than Celtic, it's inevitable.

Hearts strength is our squad this year, we have good replacements for our first pick team. It's far too soon to be talking about challenging for the league; however if we are still top after the 27th of September, with Aberdeen hopefully 2nd, then let the talk commence