Aberdeen And Hearts - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen And Hearts

Hearts strength is our squad this year, we have good replacements for our first pick team. It's far too soon to be talking about challenging for the league; however if we are still top after the 27th of September, with Aberdeen hopefully 2nd, then let the talk commence

If we're going in to that game having beaten Partick & Hamilton and avoided defeat against Celtic, it'd be really exciting.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside a 15 minute spell at the beginning of the 2nd half, Dundee were really disappointing on Saturday. They're a team that gave us all kinds of problems last season and it seems they'd strengthened this summer, but it looked like they turned up for a draw on Saturday and were generally pretty poor.

I think we're going to have quite a few teams playing like that at Pittodrie this season; a bit odd, considering that when they actually had a go at the start of the second half they looked pretty decent. There was more than a bit of unrest at the amount of sideways passing going on until the goal came, but if the results keep coming, I think people will generally be happy. Amazing how quickly people can get spoiled eh? Three wins out three and the crowd are getting fractious because it's still 0-0 :blink:

Amazing how quickly people can get spoiled eh? Three wins out three and the crowd are getting fractious because it's still 0-0 :blink:

I think everyone just realises that if we're to have any chance of the title, any dropped points (especially at home) are going to be a massive blow to our hopes.

The home end is sold out for the game on 20th september. Im assuming aberdeen will shift their allocation aswell. Also live on the ned kelly.

And they told us the end was nigh for the rest of Scottish football when rangers version 1 went bust.

Could last night's result make a big difference this season? Celtic now have a lot less money to spunk and at least 6 Thursday nights to recover from...

No.

They had the same scenario last season,Aberdeen and hearts will still slip up,or cut each other's throats IMO.

Could last night's result make a big difference this season? Celtic now have a lot less money to spunk and at least 6 Thursday nights to recover from...

Hope so. I think if Celtic were to suffer a few dodgy results or an early cup exit, then Ronnie's job might be under threat.

Two seasons in a row he's failed abjectly in his attempts to get Celtic to the CL. I'm sure the board are asking questions whether he is the right man.

Celtic are still a better team than last season though.

What do you base this on?

Defensively the look a shambles. They wont have Denayer (their best defender last year) and it looks like they won't have Van Dijk either. So they look considerably weaker there. Boyata looks a complete liability.

In midfield they've added Armstrong & GMS. Armstrong is an excellent addition. They're definitely stronger in this area.

Up front it's much of a muchness, IMO. Ciftci has talent but has shown very little. They're a Griffiths injury away from really struggling for goals.

Could last night's result make a big difference this season?

No.

Celtic have a big enough squad to stroll at half-pace through their games against Hamilton, Partick Thistle etc, and they'll raise their game in the 'big' matches they have against Aberdeen and Hearts.

I think Aberdeen are better than last year, but we're still more likely to drop daft points than Celtic are.

Saying that, I truly believe that if Aberdeen beat Celtic 4 times this season, then we'll win the league.

Hope so. I think if Celtic were to suffer a few dodgy results or an early cup exit, then Ronnie's job might be under threat.

Two seasons in a row he's failed abjectly in his attempts to get Celtic to the CL. I'm sure the board are asking questions whether he is the right man.

Knocked out of Europe 4 times in 13 months. That's no bad!

Yeah but he does mad fist-pumps after wins against domestic opponents with a fraction of the budget, so the fans love him :lol:

Defensively the look a shambles. They wont have Denayer (their best defender last year) and it looks like they won't have Van Dijk either. So they look considerably weaker there. Boyata looks a complete liability.

In midfield they've added Armstrong & GMS. Armstrong is an excellent addition. They're definitely stronger in this area.

Up front it's much of a muchness, IMO. Ciftci has talent but has shown very little. They're a Griffiths injury away from really struggling for goals.

Dont forget Allan :wink2:

Celtic are still a better team than last season though.

I'd say Aberdeen look better too. Can't really judge Hearts on that score though.

Can't see Ronny being binned this season unless Celtic have some really terrible results. And given the issues in the past with bedding in a new boss you'd think that would only benefit the chasing pack in the short term...

Edited by Toepoke

10 games , 1 defeat albeit a shocking one. Last season we lost to Legia twice, Maribor, ICT and drew with Dundee before the international break.

Rangers fans just don't do maths or facts or human decency very well.

We are still in Europe in Ronny's second season. Officially we have been knocked out once of Europe. How's your Ramsden cup record? BNP still canvassing successfully outside your stadium?

Edited by usainboltyarocket

Looks like hearts game will be the first one I miss this season other than Kairat Almaty away. Nowhere near enough loyalty points for a ticket for this one. Mind you at £28 a pop for the pink bus shelter am nae too fussed.

It's not much dearer than Pittodrie and I know which ground I prefer!

If it's close come January they'll just buy Ryan Jack or whoever is required to nobble the opposition.

Edited by adamntg

If it's close come January they'll just buy Ryan Jack or whoever is required to nobble the opposition.

Aberdeen could reject the offe you know.

Mackay Steven is not good enough to some on here and Ciftci is rotten.(my opinion) You got a fair price for Armstrong, Steven was leaving on a free anyway and we actually paid you for Ciftci. Blame your own board for accepting Celtics offers. And stop stealing g queens parks best players.

Rangers fans just don't do maths or facts or human decency very well.

We are still in Europe in Ronny's second season. Officially we have been knocked out once of Europe. How's your Ramsden cup record? BNP still canvassing successfully outside your stadium?

Celtic fans just don't do sense of humour very well, do they?