Sat 29Th Aug. - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sat 29Th Aug.

Goals and sending off incident

Pretty hard to tell what happened from angle shown in the video...

Serious Foul Play I imagine he has been sent off for. Hard to see from there but almost looks like he has slipped and hits him with his knees? Be interesting to see it from a better angle. Certainly the Accies players weren't happy with it.

Aberdeen first goal was handball.It was an absolute joke of a decision allowing it to stand.

Just seen it. Did you think Rooney deliberately handled it?

Think you are being harsh on the ref tbh. what I would say is that it's decisions like this where the rule is frustrating. There is no way he meant to handle the ball, but by doing so, it has gained an advantage and had led to him scoring.

Feel a bit sorry for Patrick but the ref has got it right IMO.

Next few sets of league games...

Dons v Celtic

Hearts v Dons

Celtic v Hearts

I suspect that the first 3 places in the league are already settled, but by the end of September we'll have a bigger picture.

Aberdeen and Celtic will take 4pts from those games. Hearts will get none.

Think you are being harsh on the ref tbh. what I would say is that it's decisions like this where the rule is frustrating. There is no way he meant to handle the ball, but by doing so, it has gained an advantage and had led to him scoring.

I was watching it in real time and every Dons fan around us all thought the same thing.

Yes mate as well you are aware, I am sure. Dummy's been out for about 6 months now and no sign of it going back in in the near future!!

Ha ha can only get better m8.

And I did mean Beaumont although bowman is also a good shout. I always mind him scoring at Ibrox after about 15 seconds. You were 3-0 up after 25 minutes or something.

Edited by Angus_Young

Don't think Rooney handled it deliberately but his arm is away from his body and pointing in the air. There's no way he gets the ball under control if it doesn't hit his arm. Goals are always ruled out for that sort of handball. Finnie's view may have been obscured by Osman. I can't believe he would have allowed it to stand had he seen it.

Don't think Rooney handled it deliberately but his arm is away from his body and pointing in the air. There's no way he gets the ball under control if it doesn't hit his arm. Goals are always ruled out for that sort of handball. Finnie's view may have been obscured by Osman. I can't believe he would have allowed it to stand had he seen it.

Where his arm is doesn't have any relevance in this situation. How many players do you see running with their arms by their side? The key factor, for me anyway, is that it's ball to hand. He hadn't moved his arm towards the ball in an attempt to control it, and it happens that fast that there is no way he can get out the road.

I don't disagree that other refs would have given it btw, hence my comment above about the rule being frustrating. It's frustrating for Patrick as he had definitely gained an advantage. Unfortunately there is nothing in the rules that covers that though. Stephen Finnie is absolute letter of the law with these things so even when he sees it back I think he would still allow it to stand.