5-0 At Least On Sunday - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

5-0 At Least On Sunday

usainboltyarocket

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen highlights of all their games and there should be no reason why we don't put at least 5 past them. Just to confirm goal difference comes after head to head? Could still be vital anyway.

It would only come into it if we were on the same goals for and against, on the same points against another team. But even then it isn't included until the goal difference between the other teams is accounted for. And that would have to be identical as well.

That's nearly impossible, so the scoreline won't really matter. As long as it's 3 points

If we score early that will set us up very well. I am hoping we display a more ravenous hunger for goals than we have shown in the past. Games like Faroe Islands at Parkhead when we were 5-0 up at half-time and took out foot right off the gas and second half was 1-1. Keep pressing for goals, goals breeds confidence and breeds greater momentum/

Seen highlights of all their games and there should be no reason why we don't put at least 5 past them. Just to confirm goal difference comes after head to head? Could still be vital anyway.

Did you see Scotland play last night though? We were gifted several opportunities in the first half and didn't take them.

5-0 at least you say...

I'm predicting 6-0

On highlights of the Ireland match, they walked through Gibraltar at almost every opportunity and 7-0 wasn't a fair reflection, 10/11 would've been. As much as we struggled to put the ball in the net last night, do expect us to win by more than 5 on Sunday.

I will settle for 3 points. Would be nice to get a few goals and get a clean sheet but I think goals scored against Gibraltar are unlikely to matter in deciding the group places. That will only come into play if we are tied with another team and our scores against that team are identical home and away (ie if we lost 1-0 to Ireland, drew 2-2 at home to Poland or beat Germany 2-1). Of course there could also be a 3 way tie but that's even less likely.

GD could be important in deciding the best 3rd place team but results against Gibraltar will be discounted before that calculation is done.

Been fearing for a while that we will make very heavy work on Sunday (last night did not give me much hope) and just can not stop thinking it will be a very sloppy 3-0 win for us.

If we can go straight for the jugular, and a goal in the opening minutes, then flood gates will open..... just hope it is not like the Faroes game at Celtic Park where we get to HT in cruise control, then do not bother showing up for the 2nd half.

Do not think we will break any records, but would love to see a Scotland player grab a hatrick for us (1969 v Cyprus was the last time we had a player get one?)

Do not think we will break any records.............

We would have to score more than 11 goals.

Record score 11-0 V Ireland at Celtic Park, Saturday 23 February 1901.

Mario Kempes got in the OAP gate.

Been fearing for a while that we will make very heavy work on Sunday (last night did not give me much hope) and just can not stop thinking it will be a very sloppy 3-0 win for us.

If we can go straight for the jugular, and a goal in the opening minutes, then flood gates will open..... just hope it is not like the Faroes game at Celtic Park where we get to HT in cruise control, then do not bother showing up for the 2nd half.

Do not think we will break any records, but would love to see a Scotland player grab a hatrick for us (1969 v Cyprus was the last time we had a player get one?)

Jordan Rhodes upfront would be our best chance of that hat trick

Thought we had to work hard for the chances we created and none of them were sitters

We had to work harder than we will have to on Sunday. Northern Ireland, although resting some key players, are a much harder nut to crack these days and Gibraltar are on a par with the likes of San Marino and the Faroes, arguably worse.

would love to see a Scotland player grab a hatrick for us (1969 v Cyprus was the last time we had a player get one?)

Colin Stein actually got 4 in that game.

Our last exact hat-trick came from Denis Law v Norway in 1963.

Shocking record!

We had to work harder than we will have to on Sunday. Northern Ireland, although resting some key players, are a much harder nut to crack these days and Gibraltar are on a par with the likes of San Marino and the Faroes, arguably worse.

Absolutely. NI defended really well. You can see how they've not lost many goals in qualifying so far.

I don't think there's much doubt that on paper at least Gibraltar are the weakest team we've played in modern times.

Absolutely. NI defended really well. You can see how they've not lost many goals in qualifying so far.

I don't think there's much doubt that on paper at least Gibraltar are the weakest team we've played in modern times.

NI gave the ball away in dangerous positions under no pressure, particularly in the first half. I wouldn't describe that as good defending.