Clyde And Shettleston Groundshare..... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Clyde And Shettleston Groundshare.....

Is the obvious thing not to share with Rutherglen Glencairn? Is that too easy?

Apparently was on the cards, but heard that Clyde wanted to take over the running the ground, with a view to kicking Glencairn out one day and Glencairn told them to GTF.

What happened to the East Kilbride move?

Clyde fans on Pie and Bovril saying looks to be a done deal.

I was thinking the same, they don't have a brilliant support in Cumbernauld, probably don't have much support left in Rutherglen, but can't see them gaining many new fans in Shettleston.

Surely they'd be best to move "home" or stay in Cumbernauld, I could even see the thinking in EK, but Shettleston wouldn't make much sense that I can see?

What do the Clyde fans think?

Am I right in thinking EK have a side in the Lowland League?

Would that maybe be a factor in making EK a less attractive home for Clyde?

They do indeed mate, the ingeniously named East kilbride fc. Sitting second to Edinburgh City just now. They play out of the K park in EK, which is a tidy wee ground within calderglen country park, far too small and not on a site it could readily be expanded upon for league football though.

I thought Clyde had done a deal on the land at Langlands nature reserve in EK incorporating a name change to EK Clyde.

Edited by flynnyboy

They do indeed mate, the ingeniously named East kilbride fc. Sitting second to Edinburgh City just now. They play out of the K park in EK, which is a tidy wee ground within calderglen country park, far too small and not on a site it could readily be expanded upon for league football though.

I thought Clyde had done a deal on the land at Langlands nature reserve in EK incorporating a name change to EK Clyde.

They have "plans" to extend K-Park and build more stands. Believe it when it happens, but the phases are displayed on the wall at the ground. Looks cracking in black and white.

However, I went down for their game v Whitehill Welfare last Friday and - with the help of the groundhoppers - there was a crowd of 491, almost all undercover, which as much as they'd need if they were playing in the Third Division.

There has been a fair amount of claim and counter-claim around Langlands. The latest was yesterday http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/concern-over-east-kilbride-charitys-5397283

There's a Clyde fan that drinks in the Clachan in Garrowhill! Uncle Albert has relocated to Stockport I believe.

There's a few of them in Garrowhill

Greenfield Park? Lot of work needed to be done to that to get it anywhere near league standards.... Though didn't they build a new club house few years back?

No, never built a new club house, but had plans to turn the pitch. It's not happened yet, but still on the agenda as far as I know.

No, never built a new club house, but had plans to turn the pitch. It's not happened yet, but still on the agenda as far as I know.

Aye, they demolished a good part of the ground to get it ready for that didn't they (when I went it was just the building behind the goals with couple of rows of benches and terracing)

Edited by wanderer

Aye, they demolished a good part of the ground to get it ready for that didn't they (when I went it was just the building behind the goals with couple of rows of benches and terracing)

They have the Social club behind the goals & the dressing rooms next to the main road.

There are no benches, just terracing, with one bit covered.