Iron Horse. Georgia Game - Pre & Post Match. - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Iron Horse. Georgia Game - Pre & Post Match.

Iron Horse

Hi folks

Looking forward to seeing some old pals and familiar faces!

Our plans for the Georgia game as follows:

We're planning on a "night before" party in the main bar on the Friday night for anyone coming down early.

We'll be open at 8am on Saturday for sausage rolls and beer. We'll also be opening our bar upstairs. 2 floors of Scottish music, singing and nonsense! The party will continue after the game on Saturday night.

We're also running a bus to the game and back. Tickets available on the day or email info@ironhorsebar.co.uk for details.

Under 18s will be welcome during the day provided they are kept in check by someone responsible!

As ever, entry is free and everyone is welcome.

Iron Horse Bar, West Nile Street, City Centre.

Hi folks

We're planning on a "night before" party in the main bar on the Friday night for anyone coming down early.

We'll be open at 8am on Saturday for sausage rolls and beer. We'll also be opening our bar upstairs. 2 floors of Scottish music, singing and nonsense! The party will continue after the game on Saturday night.

We're also running a bus to the game and back. Tickets available on the day or email info@ironhorsebar.co.uk for details.

Under 18s will be welcome during the day provided they are kept in check by someone responsible!

8am for a 5pm Kick Off. Good Lord :-)):-)):-)):-))

Edited by Angus_Young

8am for a 5pm Kick Off. Good Lord :-)):-)):-)):-))

I think the Horse opens at 8 am every day of the week (except Sunday). However, there will no doubt be footsoldiers starting at 8 am on matchday regardless of kick off time.

Hi folks

In all seriousness.....

Was in the Iron Horse for a game in the last campaign. Stood downstairs and the ceiling at the back was bouncing up and down far more than any ceiling should ever be moving due to fans upstairs jumping around. Something needs to be done about that as it's a horribly tragic accident waiting to happen.

How often do public buildings get inspected structurally etc because I'm amazed this place is allowed to open after what I saw that day.

Edited by dohadeer

In all seriousness.....

Was in the Iron Horse for a game in the last campaign. Stood downstairs and the ceiling at the back was bouncing up and down far more than any ceiling should ever be moving due to fans upstairs jumping around. Something needs to be done about that as it's a horribly tragic accident waiting to happen.

How often do public buildings get inspected structurally etc because I'm amazed this place is allowed to open after what I saw that day.

I take it you are too young to remember gigs at the Apollo........ :guitar:

ha ha ha.

I remember the upper circle bouncing about 3 feet at a Status Quo gig. I was convinced it was coming down !

Even weirder when you were up in the circle feeling it move - speaking of which I was in the front row of the dress circle at the Kings Theatre last year for a play based on the Bay City Rollers. It was clearly bouncing during the encore and I was actually holding on to the metal bar just in case it came down.

Looking forward to seeing you .

Yes, we do open at 8am every day and btw we also serve a range of soft drinks if you want to pace yourselves!

Dohadeer, I do appreciate your concern. I would say that our dancefloor is used every weekend for various parties as well as zumba classes etc, and has crowds dancing and bouncing about on a regular basis. It was built with "give" to accommodate this. We do also monitor numbers and we prevent entry when it gets too busy. However, we will be monitoring numbers on the dancefloor and doing everything we can to keep people safe.

All the best. :cheers3:

Looking forward to seeing you .

Yes, we do open at 8am every day and btw we also serve a range of soft drinks if you want to pace yourselves!

Dohadeer, I do appreciate your concern. I would say that our dancefloor is used every weekend for various parties as well as zumba classes etc, and has crowds dancing and bouncing about on a regular basis. It was built with "give" to accommodate this. We do also monitor numbers and we prevent entry when it gets too busy. However, we will be monitoring numbers on the dancefloor and doing everything we can to keep people safe.

All the best. :cheers3:

hello there not coming up for the georgia game but coming up for the ireland and england games staying in the easy hotel on hill st how far is that from your bar ? ps l believe that you do a great steak pie but with no celery :D

hello there not coming up for the georgia game but coming up for the ireland and england games staying in the easy hotel on hill st how far is that from your bar ? ps l believe that you do a great steak pie but with no celery :D

Your hotel is five minutes from the pub....ten minutes if you have to stop and ask people the way.

Leave hotel, down the slope about ten metres turn right onto Cambridge St continue two blocks, left onto Sauchiehall St couple of hundred meters ( three blocks) right into West Nile St walk twenty metres jobs a good un !

In all seriousness.....

Down with this sort of thing. People enjoying themselves and trying to demolish buildings by over indulgence dancing. How dare they.

Your hotel is five minutes from the pub....ten minutes if you have to stop and ask people the way.

Leave hotel, down the slope about ten metres turn right onto Cambridge St continue two blocks, left onto Sauchiehall St couple of hundred meters ( three blocks) right into West Nile St walk twenty metres jobs a good un !

many thanks :ok:

What are the plans for the Ireland game, pre/ post match? Not going to be over for the Georgia game but will be over for Ireland, Staying in Paisley, but will no doubt be in the Iron horse at some point pre/post match, just one of those things that has to be done when going to a Scotland game in Glasgow! Also anyone got any tips on decent boozers in Paisley? Especially ones that do Steak pies without celery!

• 2 weeks later...