Partick Pre Match - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Partick Pre Match

Doric

4 of us thinking of heading out Byers Road/West end before the game,but as we are never out that way for any other games, could do with some advice on good pubs.

Three Judges at bottom of Byres Road, Aragon halfway up, Tennents a wee bit further up. We should march to Ibrox, no? I mean, YES!

The shed or iron horse seemingly places to be... Anyone shed some light on them ??

The Shed's near Hampden and there's the usual pre-match stoosh there. Buses have been organised to take folk from The Shed to Ibrox in time for the anthems.

Iron Horse is in the city centre so you could jump on the subway out to Ibrox - just don't leave it too late. Anytime after 3.30. I reckon you'd be be better getting a cab.

Getting subway to either Kelvinhall or Partick. Seems to be plenty pubs in those areas, and pretty close to the station(s)

Any pubs to avoid? Or make a point in visiting?

I'd get off / on at Kelvinhall - the Lismore (come out the Subway and turn right) and the Three Judges are both decent boozers and close to Kelvinhall Subway.

Tennant's on Byres Road (a short walk away or get off at Hillhead) has an extensive choice of ales - traditional Glasgow pub. Imagine it'll be busy though.

Edited by Charlie Endell

I'd get off / on at Kelvinhall - the Lismore (come out the Subway and turn right) and the Three Judges are both decent boozers and close to Kelvinhall Subway.

Tennant's on Byres Road (a short walk away or get off at Hillhead) has an extensive choice of ales - traditional Glasgow pub. Imagine it'll be busy though.

Thanks Brian - good info. Kelvinhall it is!

"Tennants" sounds good, but my days of purposely seeking out busy pubs 'for the atmosphere' are behind me. I prefer to get served in a fairly decent time these days without having to fight through a scrum to the bar.

I'm getting auld and crabbit!

Thanks Brian - good info. Kelvinhall it is!

"Tennants" sounds good, but my days of purposely seeking out busy pubs 'for the atmosphere' are behind me. I prefer to get served in a fairly decent time these days without having to fight through a scrum to the bar.

I'm getting auld and crabbit!

I'm the same - prefer the quiet life - on away trips I'll seek out a quiet boozer away from the masses - even to the extent of staying in Hamburg for the game in Dortmund :P . Edited by Charlie Endell

The Deoch an Dorus and Stumps are still fairly "staunch" tho less so than the Rosevale and Windsor. Still basically the same people who drink in the D&D as when it was the Hayburn but no club colours allowed now and lots of TV screens. Food is quite decent but I'd give it a miss on Saturday.