Will Ibrox Sell Out ? - Page 8 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Will Ibrox Sell Out ?

Robroysboy

35,000 sold up to today, I believe. Pricing policy, 5.00pm start and in competition with League matches = 15,000+ empty seats. What will they get for Gibraltar, Sunday evening at the same prices? And these people are running our game?? Feckin' heid-the-ba's.

Very disappointing ticket sales, don't blame the non attendants. They just don't see the game as value for money and it is up to each individual to decide their budget.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35,000 sold up to today, I believe. Pricing policy, 5.00pm start and in competition with League matches = 15,000+ empty seats. What will they get for Gibraltar, Sunday evening at the same prices? And these people are running our game?? Feckin' heid-the-ba's.

No more than 30K at Gibraltar IMO.

The worst part is that the SFA are still in denial over the pricing.

While I fully agree that the pricing strategy is indefensible a wee bit of perspective is required.

The last Scotland game I attended at Ibrox was against the might of Italy in 1992. Should have been a stick on full house you would think.

The crowd was 33,029.

A 40,000 plus attendance v Georgia will be an astonishing turnout in comparison...

Yes, but if you think back then, I'm sure there was an uproar about a huge increase in ticket prices for that campaign. On the back of a successful Euro 92 campaign, they got greedy and pumped up the prices massively, leading to a half empty Ibrox for the crunch games v Italy and Portugal.

Some things never change.

Yes, but if you think back then, I'm sure there was an uproar about a huge increase in ticket prices for that campaign. On the back of a successful Euro 92 campaign, they got greedy and pumped up the prices massively, leading to a half empty Ibrox for the crunch games v Italy and Portugal.

Some things never change.

Correct. They hiked up the prices post Euro '92 and fans voted with their feet. They eventually realised they made a mistake and reduced ticket the ticket prices at the last minute (possibly giving rebates). I have ticket stubs with the original price printed and then an ink stamp with the reduced price on top.

The SFA will have to perform a similar climb down during this campaign IMO.

I predict that the SFA will not climb down over prices, they are too stubborn, even though they know they know that they have grossly miss judged the situation.

I would not be adverse to them offering discounted tickets in a vain attempt to sell out for Saturday (even though I have my ticket). That will not happen though, because of the SFAs stance, and there would likely be an outcry.

The season tickets are now looking like a terrible idea. This is because they fix the pricing for the whole campaign, and games can no longer be priced on a game to game basis.

It was. Bizarrely not the highest crowd at new RP.

We won 2-0. Tom Boyd and an OG I'm sure.

Mind Tom Boyd scoring. I thought ground was full that day?

What is the record attendance out of interest? Celtic 2003 or Rangers 2011 can't be far away?

Am I right in saying you played Blackburn just after the won the EPL to open it? i was at school with a lad that loved them and he went through that day.

I predict that the SFA will not climb down over prices, they are too stubborn, even though they know they know that they have grossly miss judged the situation.

I would not be adverse to them offering discounted tickets in a vain attempt to sell out for Saturday (even though I have my ticket). That will not happen though, because of the SFAs stance, and there would likely be an outcry.

The season tickets are now looking like a terrible idea. This is because they fix the pricing for the whole campaign, and games can no longer be priced on a game to game basis.

The home games against Ireland, Germany and the friendly against England will all be close to if not full capacity at relevant stadia IMO. Poland game will not sell out IMO even if we are doing well in the group solely down to price and not being as attractive as ROI,Eng, Ger. We already know Ibrox is gonna be far from a full house on Saturday against Georgia and if there is one home match i will not be going to it is definitely the Gibraltar match, there is no way i'm paying at least £32 to watch us play a pub team. Hopefully many fans (who have not purchased ST) abstain from attending this game also as a form of protest to the SFA regarding pricing, should be an easy 3 points for the team anyway so lack of home fans should not be detrimental to them.

What is the record attendance out of interest? Celtic 2003 or Rangers 2011 can't be far away?

Am I right in saying you played Blackburn just after the won the EPL to open it? i was at school with a lad that loved them and he went through that day.

the record attendence at the new rugby park is 18.076 that was against celtic on the 8th of april 1998 and killie did play blackburn and they got hammerd 5.0 think the crowd for that game was around the 11.000 mark

The home games against Ireland, Germany and the friendly against England will all be close to if not full capacity at relevant stadia IMO. Poland game will not sell out IMO even if we are doing well in the group solely down to price and not being as attractive as ROI,Eng, Ger. We already know Ibrox is gonna be far from a full house on Saturday against Georgia and if there is one home match i will not be going to it is definitely the Gibraltar match, there is no way i'm paying at least £32 to watch us play a pub team. Hopefully many fans (who have not purchased ST) abstain from attending this game also as a form of protest to the SFA regarding pricing, should be an easy 3 points for the team anyway so lack of home fans should not be detrimental to them.

You are spot on with this chum.

I've said before that the SFA could quite easily have got away with £35-40 for Germany, Ireland and England if they had made Gilbralter, Georgia and Poland £25.

We can debate all day as to whether that's value for money for 90 minutes of football but I think the majority would have accepted those prices.

A Scotland ticket should not cost more than £28. It doesn't matter who we are playing the other team is always Scotland and why I agree to pay over the odds to watch guys like Martin and Hanley holding us together at the back is sometimes beyond even myself. £45 for a ticket on Saturday is an absolute disgrace and as for £50 odd for a midweek friendly...

It was a sell out but for some reason was about 100 lower than the record attendence against Celtic of over 18,000 in 1998 when Celtic were stopping TIAR.

Blackburn hammered us in front of 10k in a midweek friendly to officially open the new ground. Shearer/Sutton were immense.

The title deciders in 2003 & 2011 were both about 2,000 short of capacity.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Team playing well, support in a buoyant mood, expectations high for the ensuing Euro campaign. I and most of the Scotland support thinking ,full stadiums , great atmosphere lets get out there and back the team. Booom!! The SFA think tank come up with a pricing policy that bum holed the whole mood of the country. Still can't fathom how they expected fans to pay £45. :wtf:

Anybody want to hazard a guess at the attendance on Saturday? I`ll try 38,122.......who takes the rap for the SFA missing out on 12,000 x £35.....a shortfall of nearly £400,000 to SFA finances when we are skint........

There won't be a shortfall of £400k because most of us have paid over the odds for our tickets, and therein lies the problem.

For me the difficulty is that the members of SSC have absolutely no say in the pricing of tickets. We are being dictated to by whichever individual or committee has come up with this outrageous scheme. Instead of carrying out a half-baked survey about what benefits the members would prefer why not ask members to put put their names forward for election to a supporters' group who can negotiate on the members behalf when it comes to pricing/ season tickets/ membership fees/ benefits etc?

There won't be a shortfall of £400k because most of us have paid over the odds for our tickets, and therein lies the problem.

For me the difficulty is that the members of SSC have absolutely no say in the pricing of tickets. We are being dictated to by whichever individual or committee has come up with this outrageous scheme. Instead of carrying out a half-baked survey about what benefits the members would prefer why not ask members to put put their names forward for election to a supporters' group who can negotiate on the members behalf when it comes to pricing/ season tickets/ membership fees/ benefits etc?

Agree.

Would be interesting to see what the SFA's forecasted attendances were for each game.

If they had forecast 50k for Saturday and 40k attend then there is a substantial shortfall in expected income.

Anybody want to hazard a guess at the attendance on Saturday? I`ll try 38,122.......who takes the rap for the SFA missing out on 12,000 x £35.....a shortfall of nearly £400,000 to SFA finances when we are skint........[/quote

They'll have made that up by making only 15k available at £32. Rest are £42+

Edited by Squirrelhumper