Michelle Thomson - Edinburgh West Mp - Property Scandal - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Michelle Thomson - Edinburgh West Mp - Property Scandal

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Social justice in action. Gobbled up property paying less than market price. Solicitor involved been struck off.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/article1612472.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2015_09_26

Aye very good 4 years ago... You know you have won when they dig up old stories and try to make the shite stick..

tick tock time is a coming..

Did you hear Mhari Black once woke up beside a can of Tennents and a pizza when she was a teenager. She also ate a chip butty and sat beside peasants to have her lunch. Completely outrageous behaviour!!

Really puts things in to perspective, unionists are clearly being unfairly chastisised for dead pigs and children.

I loved the sheer outrage a few months ago in the Daily Fail (or it might have been the Torygraph) comments section when they reported on an otherwise obscure Westminster Hall debate led by Alison Thewliss (SNP, Glasgow Central) on the subject of breastfeeding.

She simply called for a bit more NHS help and greater public understanding for breastfeeding mothers and (quite rightly) that it was time for us all to adopt a more tolerant continental approach to such things rather than this stuffy, socially conservative, British attitude that many have.

The mad, old Tory, "Enoch was right" crowd were going nuts online so they were. Calling her a "communist intent on social engineering" and introducing "permissive European values"

It was brilliant. Good on you Ms Thewliss. Anyone who upsets the old Colonel Blimp crowd is alright with me :ok:

this is a manufactured story dragged up by an Edinburgh journo and someone who doesn't like her. Nothing political here at all..... as I understand it, Michelle gave up work at great personal cost to spend 2 years campaigning for Indy through Business for Scotland - nothing at all for her to gain personally - an MPs salary is a lot less than people like Michelle could earn in industry.

this kind of personal dirt digging is rarely true and is shoddy politics at best - at least nothing she has done involves the death of half a million civilians in an illegal war, or in any way harming livestock....

"nothing at all for her personal gain"!!

£75k+ salary with expenses covered. Access to most powerful politicians in Scotland. She's done very well out of it. Very well.

Business For Scotland were and are a front for SNP. http://chokkablog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/who-do-business-for-scotland-represent.html?m=1

Lol care to back that up with any facts whatsoever? As that unionist blog you linked doesn't back up your nonsense at all.

It says, from his googling of people, that he found 64 members of Business for Scotland. He found one person out of that 64 who stood for the SNP. Does that make it an SNP front?

'That the directors of Business for Scotland include a former SNP MSP and someone who stood (unsuccessfully) as an SNP local council candidate is probably not relevant.'

One memeber and even the school boy blogger doubts its relevance.

So Alan we will give you another go to back up your claim that Business for Scotland is an SNP front.

Here's an update although not so updated as some are now MP's.

http://chokkablog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/business-for-scotland-and-snp.html?m=1

From the list we are not exactly talking creme de la creme of business community but lets not allow this to drag away from original post of Ms Thomson and her questionable business practices.

"nothing at all for her personal gain"!!

£75k+ salary with expenses covered. Access to most powerful politicians in Scotland. She's done very well out of it. Very well.

Business For Scotland were and are a front for SNP. http://chokkablog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/who-do-business-for-scotland-represent.html?m=1

yawn..... honestly if you think £75k is a 'big' salary for a professional you dont get out much. I frankly couldn't afford the pay cut.

For her it's very good and remember the expenses so travel and lunch/dinner which chips away at take home pay is covered. I think an MP is an important job and to encourage the right people closer to £100k should be on offer.

For Ms Thomson and her inflated business presence I'd say it's a top wage.

From the list we are not exactly talking creme de la creme of business community but lets not allow this to drag away from original post of Ms Thomson and her questionable business practices.

honestly I don't know if you are an idiot or desperate... do you have any idea how business in Scotland works ? we have a huge community of sole traders and businesses of fewer than 10 people. Many like mine, are 2 people. All trying to eek out a living in this under-resourced and under-invested country. We don't even have a motorway yet linking our major cities. That is a direct result of our wealth being re-directed to London over the last 50 years.

Our GDP growth has been half a percent less than the UK over the last 50 years - if it had been the same, our economy would now be 25% bigger. Additionally, our biggest natural asset has been squandered, primarily on the admission of the Chancellor of the time, to pay for unemployment.

If you think 'success' is only defined by w@nks like Bannatyne and Mone enriching themselves with large sums of money siphoned from their businesses rather than trying to build sustainable companies then I suspect the answer to my question is you are an idiot. The real heros of our economy are those who run small businesses, raise their families and are not a burden on anyone. 5 minutes of googling tells me that the MP in question ran a very small property leasing business and bought a few houses.

you don't have a single fact - you are just repeating and stirring sh!t because you do not appear to have 1 original thought in your head - have you ?

Excellent you now have given me 6 members with an SNP connection from the 3,000+ members that BFS claim to have. Even going by that guys quick google search of 64 that is a small number.

If these people are pro independence it is not exactly a surprise that many will support the SNP and the fact that about 0.2% of their membership have sought to stand for the SNP also isn't a big surprise.

This still does not make it an SNP front.

Using Kevin Hague - one of the most batshit bonkers nawbags going - as a source, dearie me.

Despite standing on an anti-austerity platform and advertising themselves as a breath of fresh air against established Westminster parties and policies, I see the SNP MPs have elected to take the increase in salary rather than collectively redivert it to say, a host of food banks. There is the provision for it to her diverted at source but not one MP has done this - if the SNP had done this collectively I feel it would have sent a clear message. The fact they haven't suggests that the group of SNP MPs are largely no different to the "establishment" MPs.

The standard response that they have no option but to accept it is not true as long as it is redirected to charity..........