France V Scotland - Page 2 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

France V Scotland

arbroath55

The fact that France didn't score a try shoes that Scotland have greatly improved in that area.

Cut out the stupid penalties and I think that we can be a match for any country in the 6 Nations.

And as for not supporting Scotland at rugby because of the perception that some of them may have voted No then by the same logic I take it that when Allan McGregor is picked to play for Scotland at football then they'll not support them.

all three games were absolute pish. Since the rules were changed hen rugby union became professional - its nothing more than 15 people repeatedly charging at each other with little or no passing trickery. Bores the pants off me.

Rugby league far superior to watch. Crowds also far better - loads of singing and not full of Ruperts and Nigels.

Very enjoyable weekend, met up with a few old friends over there. Scotland did well, there were a couple of times it looked like France were about to really dominate but we dug deep, defended well and even had a slight chance of pinching it at the end. Dunbar, Hogg, Russell, Jonny Gray and Harley did particularly well. Could do with everyone being fit for next Sunday, and also an 8 that can take the ball into contact without spilling. Difficult to judge after one round of games but Wales look vulnerable, particularly if competently refereed at the scrum. Shame it is a Sunday game, but should be good day nonetheless.