Murrayfield V Italy - Page 2 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Murrayfield V Italy

Tartan Eagle

Terrible performance by scotland today.

Italy deserved that win today, once again far too many mistakes by Scotland has cost them dearly.

Getting back to the thread. Agree. Italy were very quick out of the blocks in defence, combined with Scotland being static when receiving the ball.

Mental not making touch AGAIN!

Don't get why he didn't scrafice distance for safety?

Get the ball out, set from the line and keep recycling for 90 seconds.

Game would have been won.

J

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting back to the thread. Agree. Italy were very quick out of the blocks in defence, combined with Scotland being static when receiving the ball.

Mental not making touch AGAIN!

Don't get why he didn't scrafice distance for safety?

Get the ball out, set from the line and keep recycling for 90 seconds.

Game would have been won.

J

Totally agree. A really basic and bizarre error and it cost us the win.

Time to pull out. Same every year HUMILIATION !!!!!. Outside Italy games have we beat ANYONE in the last ten year? Give Romania a chance and save us this annual embarrasment !!!!

Italy fully deserved the win. Scottish pack was feeble, out-fought and out-muscled for most of the game. The blend in the back-row is totally wrong, and it got even worse when Watson replaced Beattie and Cowan went to 8. And I really don't get this thing of taking your captain (and goal-kicker) off with 10-15 minutes left, especially in a tight game, leaving a rudderless ship. Luckily we don't have the two best sides in the tournament left to play...

Edited by Pool Q

Bizarre.

It's like Scottish Celtic fans supporting Ireland and Rangers fans supporting England against Scotland that opinion of yours.

All equally alien IMO.

J

You have a point of course J.

I would have thought it bizarre at one time too .Even more bizarre though is a whole section of so called Scots pretending to back their country ,but in reality voting for their colonial masters to rule them from another country over our own democratic rights.The scraps they receive are of course more financially rewarding than for the average. They have surfaced most obviously through the private schools and farming gentry(and hangers on) of which make up significant percentage of the current Murrayfield crowd.Add to that mix the Hooray Henry hospitality wallahs and its not pleasant viewing.Their pretense at supporting our country is embarrassing and insulting.You just can't put a kilt on and pretend you are Scottish.or receive the plaudits of the fans of other countries by doing so.The great thing about our ​first referendum is that they have been outed and are now a visible target..

The difference with the other two examples is significant.You may have some historic history of Celtic fans supporting Ireland.Could never blame then as we are under the yoke of the union but thought it was a bit embarrassing as few could claim genuine ancestry outside Ulster. .Rangers fans forsaking their country to support the subjugator...No comparison there at all.Voting to be ruled and lied to by another country's center of government gives me the right to question their integrity.It was clear by the actions of the former grand slam heroes who aided and abetted the better together propaganda machine that they don't regard.Even after independence when the average no voter will be forgotten and forgiven they will be hated by many till the day they die.History unfortunately for them will continue the process .

Finally to see the majority of the Murrayfield players and crowd stand and sing our song of freedom,when you know the majority are complicit in the crime of subjgation is simply not just hypocrisy,It is deeply sickening to many us real Scots.I do not understand how you can ignore this,maybe you need to get back to auld reekie and see it first hand.It saddens me greatly and i refuse to ignore it.The genuine passion the Italians have both in their support of their country and their team is inspiring.That passion came through today with the deserved results.One day we will have this in Scotland But it wont come by continuing with the sham that is the status quo.

Maybe Scots hearts are really not in it .I don't need to wonder why.The answer is not too difficult to find.

It's just not safe to look at the sports news any time around rugby weekends when Scotland involved.

Just about possible to check TAMB for the compensation of some gallows humour

At least our own side comments on "utter pish" and pictures of wooden kitchen implements to get a feel for what must just have happened.

Not sure where to start. I'll give you how I feel.

I went to my first Scotland rugby game back in 1994, watching Wales v Scotland at the old Arms Park.

There were 15 players that were picked to represent their country. Today again there were 15 lads picked to play for their country.

It's simple as that for me. Am I gutted about the reffrendum? Sure, it was a chance missed. We were up against it.

But those 15 lads today still pulled on the Scotland jersey (albeit a red one) somthing I'd love to do. And no doubt they were equally proud. They were simply not good enough.

I've followed Scotland rugby team before the referendum, since the refrendum and will after Independence.

J

I would have thought it bizarre at one time too .Even more bizarre though is a whole section of so called Scots pretending to back their country ,but in reality voting for their colonial masters to rule them from another country over our own democratic rights.The scraps they receive are of course more financially rewarding than for the average. They have surfaced most obviously through the private schools and farming gentry(and hangers on) of which make up significant percentage of the current Murrayfield crowd.Add to that mix the Hooray Henry hospitality wallahs and its not pleasant viewing.Their pretense at supporting our country is embarrassing and insulting.You just can't put a kilt on and pretend you are Scottish.or receive the plaudits of the fans of other countries by doing so.The great thing about our ​first referendum is that they have been outed and are now a visible target..

The difference with the other two examples is significant.You may have some historic history of Celtic fans supporting Ireland.Could never blame then as we are under the yoke of the union but thought it was a bit embarrassing as few could claim genuine ancestry outside Ulster. .Rangers fans forsaking their country to support the subjugator...No comparison there at all.Voting to be ruled and lied to by another country's center of government gives me the right to question their integrity.It was clear by the actions of the former grand slam heroes who aided and abetted the better together propaganda machine that they don't regard.Even after independence when the average no voter will be forgotten and forgiven they will be hated by many till the day they die.History unfortunately for them will continue the process .

Finally to see the majority of the Murrayfield players and crowd stand and sing our song of freedom,when you know the majority are complicit in the crime of subjgation is simply not just hypocrisy,It is deeply sickening to many us real Scots.I do not understand how you can ignore this,maybe you need to get back to auld reekie and see it first hand.It saddens me greatly and i refuse to ignore it.The genuine passion the Italians have both in their support of their country and their team is inspiring.That passion came through today with the deserved results.One day we will have this in Scotland But it wont come by continuing with the sham that is the status quo.

Maybe Scots hearts are really not in it .I don't need to wonder why.The answer is not too difficult to find.

Should we just stop supporting the teams that represent our country just Because there are No voters among them?

29 6 to Wales, Mike Rayer hat-trick, p1shing down wi rain?

If so, funny enough that was my first ever match as well.

I wouldn't have believed it if I had been told then how bad we would become.

More embarrassment today, men against boys in the forwards at times and basic skills missing again. I mean, kick the f****** ball out and we've won that game.

Give the players back to Glasgow and Edinburgh and have done wi it is how I feel tonight.

I went to my first Scotland rugby game back in 1994, watching Wales v Scotland at the old Arms Park.

There were 15 players that were picked to represent their country. Today again there were 15 lads picked to play for their country.

It's simple as that for me. Am I gutted about the reffrendum? Sure, it was a chance missed. We were up against it.

But those 15 lads today still pulled on the Scotland jersey (albeit a red one) somthing I'd love to do. And no doubt they were equally proud. They were simply not good enough.

I've followed Scotland rugby team before the referendum, since the refrendum and will after Independence.

J

Sorry but that is a load of nonsense.

I take it you do not now support the national football team either as I am sure it is virtually certain at least one person involved in the national side voted no. That being the case then it kind of disqualifies you from supporting Scotland in almost anything really.

29 6 to Wales, Mike Rayer hat-trick, p1shing down wi rain?

If so, funny enough that was my first ever match as well.

I wouldn't have believed it if I had been told then how bad we would become.

More embarrassment today, men against boys in the forwards at times and basic skills missing again. I mean, kick the f****** ball out and we've won that game.

Give the players back to Glasgow and Edinburgh and have done wi it is how I feel tonight.

Got the year wrong mate, it was the 96 game. We won 14-16.

The worst find touch incident was v Wales in Cardiff 2010. Defeat from the jaws of victory.

J

Have Scotland scored a try from an attacking position in any of the 3 games? The tries against Wales and Italy came from distance. Can't remember the France ones.

Seems to be the same old story of getting into the opposition 22 and then huffing and puffing before either turning the ball over or giving away a penalty. Been that way for years. That combined with schoolboy errors such as missing touch with kicks at huge moments means I'm struggling to see the supposed progress under Cotter.

Don't apologise, CC - a load of nonsense is what that dimwit posts every time he puts fingers to keys.

Was at the game today, a real sickener. I think this is worse than the Matt Williams era. Certs for the wooden spoon. :(

J

My first game was as a schoolboy in 1975 against Wales Think it was a world record at the time.107000.Ironically 40 years ago today.Atmosphere was second to none and i have an old photo of me and classmates on the pitch .Incidentally i guarantee the crowd was made up of a mixture of society and has become much more polarised today in favour of the nawbag genre.Followed Scotland to Ireland, Wales,France and England but stopped a few years ago when the private scoolies began to take over and their radicalised opinions started getting on peoples nerves..Allways presumed that people who were passionate about Scotland would at the very minimum want equal status with other countries.

Good luck to you

I take it you do not now support the national football team either as I am sure it is virtually certain at least one person involved in the national side voted no. That being the case then it kind of disqualifies you from supporting Scotland in almost anything really.

I think you may not have grasped the significance of the referendum vote.The vote was a no to Scotland as a country.It relegates us to a region of England/Britain. That's what the majority (however narrow )want and we have to at present go along with that.It reduces our sporting teams to regional teams.We have no right to be there as an international team.

I am specifically against Scotland as a rugby team because of the high percentage of nawbags that are players and crowd.They have no right to be playing any of the 203 countries in the world.As for the rest of the sports (that we were allowed to have a team in anyway), yes i am pretty apathetic towards any Scotland team at present.When we vote for independence that will change.

The only nonsense is we actually voted our right to be a country away.

I think you may not have grasped the significance of the referendum vote.The vote was a no to Scotland as a country.It relegates us to a region of England/Britain. That's what the majority (however narrow )want and we have to at present go along with that.It reduces our sporting teams to regional teams.We have no right to be there as an international team.

I am specifically against Scotland as a rugby team because of the high percentage of nawbags that are players and crowd.They have no right to be playing any of the 203 countries in the world.As for the rest of the sports (that we were allowed to have a team in anyway), yes i am pretty apathetic towards any Scotland team at present.When we vote for independence that will change.

You need to get a reality check.

You strike me of the opinion of akin to a religious sect who are adamant that their religion is the be all and end all of everything and that the USA are the devil whereas everything is black or white or yes or no. Do you want some reality? People voted no in all warps of life (including football) so I take it that sport becomes evil as well? Also think on that I'd hazard a guess there were evil people ie paedophiles, rapists, murderers who voted yes as well as voted no so just remember yes voters are not purer than the driven snow so don't judge people just on their political stance eh?

And this view point comes from someone who supported independence.

Well I tell you what then, piss off out of a rugby thread and away and have a over a picture of Mel Gibson.

Should we just stop supporting the teams that represent our country just Because there are No voters among them?

We should stop the no voters singing flower of Scotland out of sheer embarrassment for them .Not representative to our region .These colonials do not represent my country.Its up to you if you continue to support Scotland.I think its a sham .By continuing to expose it as so i am dong my bit to hasten the demise of our region and the rebirth of our nation to its rightful place as a normal country in the sporting world.

Don't apologise, CC - a load of nonsense is what that dimwit posts every time he puts fingers to keys.

Was at the game today, a real sickener. I think this is worse than the Matt Williams era. Certs for the wooden spoon. :(

Did you sing flower of Scotland ....Do you actually understand the words .How can you take yourself seriously ...cringeworthy

Your the dimwit not me