Scenic Photos Of Scotland - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scenic Photos Of Scotland

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was going to post a pic of the top of the Cobbler, but remembered this wee chap on the rocks beside. Nasty cheap phone pic does not do him/her justice. Had lovely maroons, purples and yellows and head/body (excluding antenae) were, oh, 3cm? Not sure, can't remember, so I'll say 5 :-))

w2ne6a.jpg

I've seen bugs on mountain tops that I've never seen before or since. I remember a pair of huge yellow & black flies. One flapping' about forlornly and the other splatted against the trig point by some no good ignorant bunny rabbit :angry:

Was going to post a pic of the top of the Cobbler, but remembered this wee chap on the rocks beside. Nasty cheap phone pic does not do him/her justice. Had lovely maroons, purples and yellows and head/body (excluding antenae) were, oh, 3cm? Not sure, can't remember, so I'll say 5 :-))

w2ne6a.jpg

I've seen bugs on mountain tops that I've never seen before or since. I remember a pair of huge yellow & black flies. One flapping' about forlornly and the other splatted against the trig point by some no good ignorant bunny rabbit :angry:

I think that is a wood wasp.

I think that is a wood wasp.

Looks like it yeah. They are a bit scary looking but completely harmless - generally solitary and very reluctant to come near.

Some of the other insects ek will have seen are probably part of the alpine ecosystem on the higher hills and mountains in Scotland. There are come incredibly rare insects there, and they're becoming more endangered as the climate warms :(

• 2 months later...