John Lewis Christmas Advert - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

John Lewis Christmas Advert

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly some arty director has watched Up for inspiration for it thinking they were making something nice and heart warming, but has not really worked out like that, with the finished product rather creepy........

Edited by wanderer

Not watched it but seen a few lassies post it on Facebook saying it was a 'tearjerker'...Now I come on here and apparently it's creepy :lol:

If they think an old man looking into a wee girls bedroom with a telescope is a tearjerker then they are feckin wrong un's.

Saying that the wee lassie leads the old bloke on by sending him the telescope and then standing in her bedroom window beckoning him

So who was he?

The man on the moon I would assume,but if it's simply her Granda,what the is he doing there in the first place.

And if they know he's there,can send him a telescope because they miss him and are capable of seeing him,wouldn't a spaceship be better to send,or at least some scran and a packet of fags or something.

Poor auld looks bored oot his tits.

Exactly - we've though long and hard about this gramps and we decided the perfect Christmas present is a telescope so you can see how much we're enjoying ourselves here on Earth while you sit in a wendy house next to a crater on the moon and think about topping yourself.

Edited by neilser

You're just assuming he chose to go there.

He maybe got pished and lost,let's not assume anything yet until we know the full story.

Maybe he was re-housed there after he came out of the jail for noncing or the father of the young girl couldn't afford to put him in one of those fancy new homes with alarm chains and sky tele so he stuck him up there

Jeezus...you are all a bunch of twisted ####ers. The advert was created in conjunction with Age Concern to raise awareness of the amount of folk who will spend Christmas on their own. I cried just reading about the advert - and bawled even more when I watched it.

Jeezus...you are all a bunch of twisted ####ers. The advert was created in conjunction with Age Concern to raise awareness of the amount of folk who will spend Christmas on their own. I cried just reading about the advert - and bawled even more when I watched it.

Really, I just watched it seconds before you posted (on you tube). It baffled me. I see the point now but jeezo...

Cringe-worthy at best. We don't need to be told to visit our family over the festive period. If it's impossible for you, you're no doing it right.

Sure, it's for Age Concern but they'd recoup the smallest amount of respect from me if they spent that £7 million quid on the elderly instead of running that creepy advert.

John Lewis won't ever see another penny of my cash anyway.