Pies - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomson Butchers in keith also

now funny story - my folks used to always bulk order from butcher in Keith (30 miles away) & phone up in the morning - typically buying like 30 lb mince, 10 lb sirloin, 10lb braising streak, 10 lb boiling beed, Steak Pie etc and pick up in afternoon type thing

1 time she comes back, complaining that they hadn't made up her order, and the guys had t scratch around to give her, her order

We were a bit suspicious so being typical youth - i waits until the phone bill comes in, and then look up the phone number that she had dialled that day - she had phone the wrong butcher - and she had planned on hiding the phone bill, but had not been quick enough for me :-)

Mark McGill butchers in Currie. Steak pies are tremendous, also do the best mince rounds I've ever tasted. Queues out the door every Saturday morning. He also just opened up on the Malones bakery site at Shandon, late licence to follow which means the return of the 2am pie on a roll!

Cameron's fish shop in Forfar make fantastic steak bridies.

Never even a hint of chewy sphincter. The steak is always cooked to perfection with just the right amount of gravy to keep it juicy, without the risk of it spraying everywhere when you take the first bite. Which is often a bit of a hazard with steak and gravy pies. They also do mince and ingin and chicken ones as well.