It Makes A Change - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

It Makes A Change

I thought those stories were urban legends, fished out by a lazy journalist, was there really a spate where 3 days couldn't go past without someone smashing a green traffic light?

The green traffic lights still have grids over them (something my two Linlithgowfied daughters find amusing) though neither the green Asda or Lloyds pharmacy signs have been sign have been vandalised.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only good thing to come out of larkhall was Paul McStay.

Can I add my Mrs to that list please.

I've spent a fair amount of time in Larkhall (for the aforementioned reason) and I would say that by Scotland's standards it's definitely not a shithole to look at. It actually has some reasonably nice areas and its more dodgy areas don't even come close to other places I've seen (I grew up in Paisley!).

However, without any shadow of doubt, Larkhall has a higher TSR (Total Scumbag Ratio) per capita that just about any other town I've been to. The Larkhall Nedometer must need its batteries replacing on a regular basis.

Can I add my Mrs to that list please.

I've spent a fair amount of time in Larkhall (for the aforementioned reason) and I would say that by Scotland's standards it's definitely not a shithole to look at. It actually has some reasonably nice areas and its more dodgy areas don't even come close to other places I've seen (I grew up in Paisley!).

However, without any shadow of doubt, Larkhall has a higher TSR (Total Scumbag Ratio) per capita that just about any other town I've been to. The Larkhall Nedometer must need its batteries replacing on a regular basis.

I don't have a lot of experience of Larkhall but I would have thought Renton or James Town took some beating in that respect. Granted I'm only basing this on one pub and a couple of amateur football teams. :)

In all seriousness most places have good and bad parts/people in my experience. Of course those from outwith the town will focus on the bad and lump the entire place and its inhabitants in with that. I live in Clackmannanshire for example and Alloa is often referred to as a shithole because of the Mar Policies part of the town, otherwise known as the bottom end. Don't get me wrong there are some absolute mutants down there but it's generally a fairly 'normal' place.

I was at a wedding there recently (LH). Place was very nice it has to be said.

I don't have a lot of experience of Larkhall but I would have thought Renton or James Town took some beating in that respect. Granted I'm only basing this on one pub and a couple of amateur football teams. :)

In all seriousness most places have good and bad parts/people in my experience. Of course those from outwith the town will focus on the bad and lump the entire place and its inhabitants in with that. I live in Clackmannanshire for example and Alloa is often referred to as a shithole because of the Mar Policies part of the town, otherwise known as the bottom end. Don't get me wrong there are some absolute mutants down there but it's generally a fairly 'normal' place.

I was at a wedding there recently (LH). Place was very nice it has to be said.

Due to deindustrialisation most small towns in Scotland, unfortunately, have issues.

As objective evidence goes that's right up there.................

I only have the evidence of my own eyes Larky.

The convenience store on Drygate Street next to the petrol station is like some sort of youth theatre. It seems to me that every time I go to it there is some sort of drama going on outside it.

On my last visit alone in October I went over to get something and witnessed one Larky denizen with some sort of devil dug on a rope. The beast proceeded to bite another townsman squarely on the face (drawing blood) in an unprovoked fashion much to the hilarity of its owner. I say unprovoked, but the recipient of the bite was wearing Larkhall uniform (rangers top, non descript sports shorts, fitba socks and baseball cap) so you decide if it was unprovoked. Upon getting back to the hoose I realised I'd forgotten something and went back over, this time to find 2 lassies in their early twenties literally having a square go with each other.

When I'm in town I always offer to go to the shop or go up to Quintilianos for the fish suppers. It's comedy gold.

Edited by Marky

The convenience store on Drygate Street next to the petrol station is like some sort of youth theatre. It seems to me that every time I go to it there is some sort of drama going on outside it.

On my last visit alone in October I went over to get something and witnessed one Larky denizen with some sort of devil dug on a rope. The beast proceeded to bite another townsman squarely on the face (drawing blood) in an unprovoked fashion much to the hilarity of its owner. I say unprovoked, but the recipient of the bite was wearing Larkhall uniform (rangers top, non descript sports shorts, fitba socks and baseball cap) so you decide if it was unprovoked. Upon getting back to the hoose I realised I'd forgotten something and went back over, this time to find 2 lassies in their early twenties literally having a square go with each other.

When I'm in town I always offer to go to the shop or go up to Quintilianos for the fish suppers. It's comedy gold.

Dignified as ever.

Thanks for that lot of made-up phuking nonsense.

Edited by Larky Masher

Utter shite

Thanks for that lot of made-up phuking nonsense.

Eh? Made up as in it didn't happen?

Why the would I just randomly make that up. I can assure you it very much happened EXACTLY as I described it.

Apologies if the truth about your shitey wee town hurts.

Eh? Made up as in it didn't happen?

Why the ###### would I just randomly make that up. I can assure you it very much happened EXACTLY as I described it.

Because you are a deluded fantasist who desperate to win an argument. Given that attack by a devil dog that caused a facial injury would make the Advertise at least, send me a link to story.

Because you are a deluded fantasist who desperate to win an argument. Given that attack by a devil dog that caused a facial injury would make the Advertise at least, send me a link to story.

Sorry I guess there were aspects I didn't make clear. The two people involved I.e. The dog owner and the bitee were clearly friends. The guy kneeled down to pet the dug and it went straight for his face, as I say drawing blood. The dog owner thought it was hilarious and the other guy didn't seem overly fussed despite despite having a chunk taken out of his coupon. I should think that would answer your point about why the incident wasn't reported.

You can choose to believe me or not, but it happened the way I described. As for deluded and desperate to win an argument, I wasn't even aware I was in an argument??

I thought I was merely describing some of my experiences in your home town.

Edited by Marky

Sorry I guess there were aspects I didn't make clear. The two people involved I.e. The dog owner and the bitee were clearly friends. The guy kneeled down to pet the dug and it went straight for his face, as I say drawing blood. The dog owner thought it was hilarious and the other guy didn't seem overly fussed despite despite having a chunk taken out of his coupon. I should think that would answer your point about why the incident wasn't reported.

Aspects you didn't make clear, aye that's exactly what you did.

It the fact that it wasn't unprovoked attack on a passer-by that makes the difference, which is what your initial post tried to portray it as. Are you a Sun journalist?

Unprovoked it most certainly was and please point out where I said it was a passer by?