Turks Shoot Down Russian Fighter Plane - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Turks Shoot Down Russian Fighter Plane

The Russians have already said this looks like a planned provocation. The only remaining question they will have is was it approved by the US. Either way it is an act of war from a NATO member a planned provocation. How would you feel if you were Russian, even these sanctions will seem weak in comparison. Putin is struggling to find actions that will satisfy the Russian public that don't involve escalating the situation.

If that pilot had not been rescued they would have burned him alive and filmed it. The Russians are of the view that the Turks had folk ready on the ground to capture the downed pilots. That was the fate the Turks had in mind for them.

If this happens again then things are going to get really ugly. The Russians have pretty much exhausted all the non violent avenues of retaliation.

:ok:

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the dividing line between depriving Turkish citizens of their means to look after their family, and killing them. One is OK the other is not. Where along the slider of losing jobs to losing life does it become wrong? There seems no debate it is correct to punish them. Just the degree of punishment.

Whilst i was over on the Hangover thread I noticed that most folk are looking for ways of fighting the symptoms of the hangover and ignoring the obvious root cause of it. It got me to thinking that bombing Syria might be Cameron's "hair of the dog" "cure" for terrorism?

Whilst i was over on the Hangover thread I noticed that most folk are looking for ways of fighting the symptoms of the hangover and ignoring the obvious root cause of it. It got me to thinking that bombing Syria might be Cameron's "hair of the dog" "cure" for terrorism?

Good analogy.?

• 3 weeks later...

Wonder if it was another, stop investigating us or we'll stop sharing intelligence and cause another 7/7 one that Blair made.