Hangovers - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Was at a ceilidh last night, started bevying at half 4 stopped around midnight. Have had a fry up, 4 cans of irn bru,a dominos and a litre of apple juice and still feel a bit rough. Bottles ofbeer are defos kinder to me than pints thouhh

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at a ceilidh last night, started bevying at half 4 stopped around midnight. Have had a fry up, 4 cans of irn bru,a dominos and a litre of apple juice and still feel a bit rough. Bottles ofbeer are defos kinder to me than pints thouhh

They are not kinder to your pocket though. You probably just end up drinking the same amount of alcohol but pay more than twice the price.

I went out with the lads I play football with for our xmass do and was consigned to my pit for 24 hours after that. The beer on the night out wasn't too bad but the two "heroic" Chairman's reserve Rum and Ginger Ales I had when I got home did for me. I looked at how much was gone from the Rum bottle and feck me they must have been big measures. Not one for taking such a bad hang over but it felt like my liver wanted to escape my body! I couldn’t even face coffee the next day but I managed a sausage sandwich at some point.

They are not kinder to your pocket though. You probably just end up drinking the same amount of alcohol but pay more than twice the price.

I'd agree with the money side but it does slow my drinking down too and I'd say I drink less as a result. Always feel less shite after bottles and pints have me steaming too quick too.

I don't seem to get hangovers any more - this could be because I don't drink lager any more - As I've got older I've got a taste for cask ales and it seems to make a massive difference !

Isn't it all about 2-3% though? That helps! I sometimes end up drinking pints of belgian stuff when I'm out (those must be illegal in the uk...) and that never finishes well. I sometimes try to sneak a wee pint of 1664 instead because it's 'only' 5%. Scottish pints culture doesn't mix too well with the 1 drink continental culture.

Isn't it all about 2-3% though? That helps! I sometimes end up drinking pints of belgian stuff when I'm out (those must be illegal in the uk...) and that never finishes well. I sometimes try to sneak a wee pint of 1664 instead because it's 'only' 5%. Scottish pints culture doesn't mix too well with the 1 drink continental culture.

Cask ales? No - usually 3.8% ABV for a session beer, ranging up to 5% odd for the stronger ones. Edited by Charlie Endell

Trouble for me is I can't stop, 2 = 7.

Going to make a concerted effort next year at cutting down big style as I am getting more and more conscious of wasted time and money. Just separated from my other half after 8 years so not in a good place & everything is getting re-assessed. Hangovers aren't too bad but it's the frequency, just get so damn bored so easily and need company so head to the pub. It's a habit I know, and one I intend on breaking in 2016.

And on that note, I'm off to the pub.

You get a sachet in the medecine aisle beside immodium etc. Cannae mind the name but the supermarkets do own label. Its for the squirts and is basically a reydration mix. All the good stuff already mentioned - salt, glucose etc. Dissolve in a glass of water before and/or after and you will be sorted. The choice of doctors.

A pint of water with a half teaspoon of Himalyan Mountain salt does the same.

A pint of water with a half teaspoon of Himalyan Mountain salt does the same.

I'm not familiar with that particular salt...but half a teaspoon in half a litre is a lot. It would definitely replace the lost salts from the drinking but too much will start causing other problems.