Atp World Tour And The Race To London - Page 4 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Atp World Tour And The Race To London

min

First set to Murray in his opening match in Paris and no sign of fatigue.

No surprises elsewhere - Berdych, Ferrer and Raonic all through to the last 16, with Nishikori and Dimitrov both playing later.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's now aiming to get into the top 4 by the end of the year - back where he belongs. Even if he doesn't make it by the start of the year I think he'll be there after the Oz open when Wawrinka loses a wad of ranking points.

And Murray wins 6-3 6-3. Really hard to judge that performance from Andy. He was rock solid on his own serve whilst Dimitrov was erratic. Still he got the job done and wraps up a spot at the WTF for sure now.

good news. long road back but he seems to be getting his consistency back if maybe not yet his grand salm winning form. that may come though.

Great performance by Murray against another WTF contender.

My main criticism of Miurray over thelast 2 or 3 years ihas been that he doesn't play nearly enough of the smaller tournaments compared to other top players - he prefers training blocks in Miami. Now that he has been forced to play smaller tournaments recently and it appears to have boosted his form, he may rethink this in the future.

Also good for Murray in his top 4 goal that Wawrinka lost today.

Tomorrow is the first time in over a year that I think Murray has a chance against Djokovic - should be a cracker!

Hopefully he's getting back to the level where no one is a problem except Rafa, nole and Fed. That's the next step on the road back, then next year compete with them again.

US Open winner 2015, mark my words.

It's worth mentioning the recent performances of Federer as he is undoubtedly the form player in the world - he's won the last two masters tournaments, won in Basel last week and if he wins in Paris against an opponent other than Djokovic will regain the world Nr. 1 spot.

I've no idea how, at the age of 33, he still maintains that level of consistency and motivation after what he's achieved in his career.

It is clear Murray is in a much-better place now mentally, form-wise and confidence-wise but until he beats one of the big three I won't say he is back to slam-winning form. Losing the other day of Novak wasn't all bad as it gives him a few more days to recharge his flat batteries before the WTF. Also now that he has qualified it gives him the chance to get that massive confidence boosting win against either Novak or Roger before the season ends sending him into next year in very good shape.

It has been a great effort this last 6 weeks by Murray to move up to Nr. 6 in the rankings and the level of opponents in the WTF will really give us an idea as to where his form is.

I'm not so bothered about any results against Novak or Roger at the moment. Ferrer is still the only player ranked in the top 8 that Murray has defeated this season (although Ferrer has now slipped to number 10). The key matches in the WTF will be any against Wawrinka, Nishikori, Berdych, Raonic and Cilic. Hopefully Murray can avoid being in the same group as Djokovic at the WTF and with big ranking points up for grabs, will be aiming to make up the 420 points between him and a spot in the top 4.

It has been a great effort this last 6 weeks by Murray to move up to Nr. 6 in the rankings and the level of opponents in the WTF will really give us an idea as to where his form is.

I'm not so bothered about any results against Novak or Roger at the moment. Ferrer is still the only player ranked in the top 8 that Murray has defeated this season (although Ferrer has now slipped to number 10). The key matches in the WTF will be any against Wawrinka, Nishikori, Berdych, Raonic and Cilic. Hopefully Murray can avoid being in the same group as Djokovic at the WTF and with big ranking points up for grabs, will be aiming to make up the 420 points between him and a spot in the top 4.

That's my view on it as well. Separate himself from the chasing pack again, get himself a top four seeding at the slams and then compete with them after that.