Ryder Cup Team - Page 2 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ryder Cup Team

ibelieve!!!

• 2 weeks later...

It`s a total and utter farce trying to get there. Trains all sold out. No buses from Glasgow. Got to drive to Stirling and use the park and ride, but you can`t park in Stirling and walk in there, you have to be dropped off. (even though i could park at my mate`s along the road and walk).

I`m going to sell my ticket and watch it on some dodgy channel instead.

It`s a total and utter farce trying to get there. Trains all sold out. No buses from Glasgow. Got to drive to Stirling and use the park and ride, but you can`t park in Stirling and walk in there, you have to be dropped off. (even though i could park at my mate`s along the road and walk).

Have to sell it to someone who looks like you seeing as it's got your photo on it.

it is a farce, if you live in auchterarder you are not allowed to walk in, you have to get public transport from perth or get a taxi to gleneagles railway station and get on the bus there.

Or so a Perth traffic cop was telling me.

Glad i am out of Perthshire this weekend

it is a farce, if you live in auchterarder you are not allowed to walk in, you have to get public transport from perth or get a taxi to gleneagles railway station and get on the bus there.

Or so a Perth traffic cop was telling me.

Glad i am out of Perthshire this weekend

Don't think that's right. I was told if you were from quiche rarer you could walk up, special arrangements and all that.

I was there today, set up is amazing!

We got park and ride from Perth, no complaints whatsoever, for security bags go through scanner, loose items in pocket get put in clear bag (given to you beforehand), this isn't scanned but they have a quick look and make sure "no sharps". And you have to walk through airport type metal detector.

Not sure about beer as I wassriving but food wise, burger and chips £10. Fish and chips £10. Hot dog £6.50......

I was there today, set up is amazing!

We got park and ride from Perth, no complaints whatsoever, for security bags go through scanner, loose items in pocket get put in clear bag (given to you beforehand), this isn't scanned but they have a quick look and make sure "no sharps". And you have to walk through airport type metal detector.

Not sure about beer as I wassriving but food wise, burger and chips £10. Fish and chips £10. Hot dog £6.50......

Cheers man. I think I'll skip the hip flask. Was going to be a wee bonus while hiking round. Can't wait now!!

Great day at Gleneagles. Absolutely baltic followed by roasting hot, then back again, all day. Think i`m sunburnt. Food and toilet queues are horrendous. Food in the village bit is pretty good but very expensive. I got in the stand at the first tee for the 2nd round. Get there early enough and you can get in any of the stands. Atmosphere is brilliant.