Question Time Tonight - Page 87 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

3 hours ago, thewelk said:

There's a sense of inevitability about independence now that i like (barring some kind of threat/upheaval that "brings us all together again"). Given the extreme right wing government now, don't be surprised if we see some kind of new "problems" emerging in the Falklands or somewhere.

Feels as far away as ever to me. Not sensing any seismic shift to yes needed. Hope I'm wrong 

4 hours ago, thewelk said:

Hated and looked down on by the ruling elite. But not by the normal man on the street though. We need to feel bad for those guys because they feel the same as us about this situation but have no way out.

There's a sense of inevitability about independence now that i like (barring some kind of threat/upheaval that "brings us all together again"). Given the extreme right wing government now, don't be surprised if we see some kind of new "problems" emerging in the Falklands or somewhere.

Aye, we need to get out before Boris and Clinton start bombing Russia.

Angus Robertson sounds like he is up for another referendum soon. 

14 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Absolutely horrendous tonight

An anti SNP/Labour hatefest

Scotland is a basket case and worse than Greece from Oakeshott

The SNP record is a disaster and they are failing education from Green

Think Salmond realised best to just let them spout pish than argue

Last week was a Plaid Cymru hatefest, with wee Leanne Wood getting it in the neck (to be fair she did a very good job of defending herself and her party).

The sad thing is, many of the view expressed by the (obvious) plants in the audience and some of the panel members IRO Scotland are shared wholeheartedly by a lot of people up here.

1 hour ago, flumax said:

Feels as far away as ever to me. Not sensing any seismic shift to yes needed. Hope I'm wrong

I must admit, I haven't noticed a huge 'awakening' amongst people I know who voted No last time either.  The polls don't seem to be indicate much of change either.

Then again, would the shift have to be seismic?  Assuming the Yes vote remains solid all we'd need is for a few hundred thousand to switch from No to Yes and we'd be home and dry.

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

I must admit, I haven't noticed a huge 'awakening' amongst people I know who voted No last time either.  The polls don't seem to be indicate much of change either.

Then again, would the shift have to be seismic?  Assuming the Yes vote remains solid all we'd need is for a few hundred thousand to switch from No to Yes and we'd be home and dry.

We shouldn't forget that about 25% of YES voters also voted to leave the EU. For them it would come down to which Union they dislike the most.

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

Last week was a Plaid Cymru hatefest, with wee Leanne Wood getting it in the neck (to be fair she did a very good job of defending herself and her party).

The sad thing is, many of the view expressed by the (obvious) plants in the audience and some of the panel members IRO Scotland are shared wholeheartedly by a lot of people up here.

Said the same as I watched it. The women in the purple, long black hair was so obviously a plant it was unmissable. 

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

We shouldn't forget that about 25% of YES voters also voted to leave the EU. For them it would come down to which Union they dislike the most.

The biggest determining factor will be the state that the UK economy is in

The arse falling out the pound does arguably help exports in the very short term (as the Tories and MSM emphasise) but they fail to mention the cost of imports starts to rise - and fast.

There is no getting away from it that the country and everyone in it is poorer

Once inflation kicks in and prices start to rise then a few lightbulbs may be switched on in the heads of many people

It's not as if everyone is going to be given a pay rise to compensate  

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Said the same as I watched it. The women in the purple, long black hair was so obviously a plant it was unmissable. 

The black fella with the massive afro last night was surprisingly a UKIP plant !

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The black fella with the massive afro last night was surprisingly a UKIP plant !

And he was doing reasonably well to appear like a non-zoomer, until he blew his cover by proclaiming support for Trump

And love seeing Nicola in that clip....shows she has always been consistent ☺

Havent watched QT for several weeks, find it infuriating now. Probably wont watch it again.

However, I did read about it on the Daily Mail website, quite a sad indictment of what the UK has become.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3858722/Polish-woman-BOOED-Question-Time-audience-saying-no-longer-feels-welcome-UK-Brexit-vote.html

• 4 weeks later...

Tomorrow night's panel from Stirling.

Kwasi Kwarteng, Chris Bryant, John Nicholson, Cat Boyd, Merryn Somerset Webb.

Interesting that Neither Labour or the Tories put up Scottish panellists, probably wanting to keep their heads down.

Expect no prisoners to be taken by Cat Boyd.

Merryn Somerset Webb is only there to repeat ad nauseum that Scotland cant afford to be Independent unless there are massive cuts, tax rises and everyone made skint ..

Another Unionists mantra just now is that the RUK is Scotland's biggest trading partner suggesting that if we remain in the EU we will not have a trade deal with RUK - unlike Ireland ...

Both of these have to be nailed down - i would have preferred Ivan McKee was on