Orange Walk - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueGaz

So can allowing them to spread bigotry and hatred on a reasonably large scale.

Its not spreading though. Fortunately its dwindling. You need lots of interested parties for it to spread, and there isnt !!!!!

So glad i will be in Edinburgh tomorrow night, its Larkhall Purple Heroes 60th Anniversary walk tomorrow night, glad wont need to listen to this sectarian rubbish morra night, all orange and hibs walks should be banned its the year 2015 not 1915!

Its not spreading though. Fortunately its dwindling. You need lots of interested parties for it to spread, and there isnt !!!!!

Read yesterday that there were 182 lodges in Glasgow alone. Maybe not spreading as such, but that's still a hell of a lot.

Guest BlueGaz

Read yesterday that there were 182 lodges in Glasgow alone. Maybe not spreading as such, but that's still a hell of a lot.

1 is too many, not denying its not a relevant pain, but I would bet those 182 get less membership each year. Certainly dont think its spreading. I would even be surprised if numbers were up in NI. they are surely down too.

I'm no lover of the Orange Order or its demonstrations, but I am not in favour of banning them either.

Policing them well - yes.

Lifting miscreants - yes. Fining and jailing them - yes.

Charging the organisation for extra public costs incurred - yes.

But banning them - no.

Due to reading another thread ; and quote from Peter Mullan ; I happened upon " just another Saturday " on you tube ; had seen before long time back

Thankfully my 2 kids hadn't a scooby what it was all about ; but were drawn to the laptop due to the flutes & drums noises ; try explaining it to kids raised in Canada ;bit embarrassing tbh

Sent them to bed

Next up was "just a boys game" am half way thru

- think I'd seen this before too

Manager from Murphys mob , Rab c and Frankie Miller

I'm no lover of the Orange Order or its demonstrations, but I am not in favour of banning them either.

But banning them - no.

How about allowing them to take over our biggest city centre?

There are plenty other places they could have gone

Exactly. Give them the use of a park for the day. Why should shops, businesses, drivers and every day folks be significantly inconvenienced every year at this time? I don't get it - I can understand peaceful demonstrations taking to our streets every now and again as a cause arises is fine. But marches and gatherings every single year in the city centre over the course of 4-6 weeks cannot be justified, particularly ones as distasteful and offensive (to many) as this. Shocking state of affairs.

But banning them - no.

This folks

There should be a limit on the number of consecutive marches as well, they basically fecked my only chance for a sleep in weeks and weeks in a row, by marching right past my student residence and waking me up.

I was in Limavady once around marching season with my GF and they had this massive march, longer than the procession at Linlithgow marches, so I went to just walk in between the bands rather than wait hours for them to pass, Plenty fo sp[ace between bands like 20 metres, that didn't go down too well. One of the few arse-making buttons moments of my life.

There should be a limit on the number of consecutive marches as well, they basically fecked my only chance for a sleep in weeks and weeks in a row, by marching right past my student residence and waking me up.

I was in Limavady once around marching season with my GF and they had this massive march, longer than the procession at Linlithgow marches, so I went to just walk in between the bands rather than wait hours for them to pass, Plenty fo sp[ace between bands like 20 metres, that didn't go down too well. One of the few arse-making buttons moments of my life.

yip they play just outside my house at 7.30am on a saturday morning for about 3 weeks in a f@cking row!

Well, that's just a matter of a choice that the council have made. It's the principle that's more important.

so I went to just walk in between the bands rather than wait hours for them to pass, Plenty fo sp[ace between bands like 20 metres, that didn't go down too well. One of the few arse-making buttons moments of my life.

Aye, you're supposed to 'show respect' when these dicks are blocking your path and expected to wait for them to pass. I was coming down Buchanan St a couple of years back and they were coming through Nelson Mandela Place. Dozens, maybe hundreds, of people having to wait to cross the road. I waited a couple of minutes but couldn't listen to their tuneless pish any longer. I picked my way through and some ####in ape wearing a UJ like a cape had a pop at me. Told him to get tae and stop blocking the street which he didn't take too kindly to.

They can off if they think I'm going to stand there and admire their shitey parades.

Well, that's just a matter of a choice that the council have made. It's the principle that's more important.

I agree. And I agree with all you said earlier / let them have their bigotfest, and I hope the police lift any folk causing bother - just can't see why Glasgow CC would want to let them have it in George Square

I agree. And I agree with all you said earlier / let them have their bigotfest, and I hope the police lift any folk causing bother - just can't see why Glasgow CC would want to let them have it in George Square

Oh, I think perhaps there's a point being made about what some people are calling "Freedom Square".