Westminster Business - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind appluading in chamber. I hope the snp MPs laugh at black rod, refuse to call anyone 'my honourable gentleman', table a motion for market rate booze in westminsters bars, and insist their parliamentary staff not wear the wigs they are required to wear, amongst many, many, other outdated and ridiculous Westminster practices.

All this "traditional practices" pish is really getting on my nips.

It has been traditional in Westminster circles to protect pedophiles, thieves, rapists and thugs for centuries.

I'm perfectly happy for every single one of their traditions to be trampled into the dust. It's about time that elitist shitehole was brought into the current century.

I think they should applaud the first thing an SNP MP says each day and force they wee guy to give them a telling off every day. They should then stop for the day after he has given them a telling off. Then the same the next day. It could then become a tradition in itself. No more ridiculous than all the other "traditions".

I think the snp should milk it, turn up in periwigs, carrying canes and taking snuff, and all talk like they are lallands peat worrier.

:lol:

Periwigs of the suspended 1707 parliament? (and someone suggested vuvuzelas?)

But seriously, all this clapping stuff, is it worth it?

Ruffling establishment feathers is fine up to a point but if it allows stories of SNP as loutish schoolkids to obscure parliamentary business, at what point does it become counter-productive?

Been watching a bit of the coverage from Westminster over the last couple of days and if they continue the way they've started they will do really well. Maiden speeches have been excellent and they are turning up in numbers which if this carries on will shame the other parties.

Been watching a bit of the coverage from Westminster over the last couple of days and if they continue the way they've started they will do really well. Maiden speeches have been excellent and they are turning up in numbers which if this carries on will shame the other parties.

Just made a similar point on another thread - the images are quite startling, and certainly beg the question about where are all the other party's MPs ? I wouldn't be happy if my representative was not to be seen while the SNP are sitting in a big group shaming the rest.

And for those on twitter claimimg they should be in their offices answering mail from constituents - really ? Most if not all communication will be prepared by assistants and proof-read/edited by your MP. Or maybe not even.

Just made a similar point on another thread - the images are quite startling, and certainly beg the question about where are all the other party's MPs ? I wouldn't be happy if my representative was not to be seen while the SNP are sitting in a big group shaming the rest.

And for those on twitter claimimg they should be in their offices answering mail from constituents - really ? Most if not all communication will be prepared by assistants and proof-read/edited by your MP. Or maybe not even.

My representative wasn't to be seen.

• 2 months later...