Carmichael Admits Sturgeon Memo Leak - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Carmichael Admits Sturgeon Memo Leak

Here ya go

Section 16 of the Code says MPs "shall never undertake any action which would cause significant damage to the reputation and integrity of the House of Commons as a whole, or of its Members generally".

Any MP who breaches the code and is suspended by the Commons for 10 sitting days then faces a by-election if 10 per cent of their constituents sign a recall petition

I think he will get away with it because Nicola isnt a member of the house of commons... its only the 1st minister of Scotland who was libeled...not a precious MP.....

Apparently the Recall act, although passed in the last parliament, isn't in force yet so he can't be recalled.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to laugh at Wee Willie Winkie (Rennie) for bleating about Carmichael being given a second chance? He would be leading the charge calling for resignations etc if the boot was firmly on the foot and it was a Nationalist that came away with this sort of stuff. Quite simply, he and the other Lib Dem nonentities in Holyrood are terrified of the backlash next May. More interested in saving their own skins.

Carmichael should be getting his collar felt for this. He should be expelled from the Commons and his party and a by-election forced. The SNP must not let this rest and keep the pressure on for a full enquiry by the Ethics Commission

- the Daily Mail would be calling for the death sentence.

Eating chips and cola cubes is though

Have to laugh at Wee Willie Winkie (Rennie) for bleating about Carmichael being given a second chance? He would be leading the charge calling for resignations etc if the boot was firmly on the foot and it was a Nationalist that came away with this sort of stuff. Quite simply, he and the other Lib Dem nonentities in Holyrood are terrified of the backlash next May. More interested in saving their own skins.

Carmichael should be getting his collar felt for this. He should be expelled from the Commons and his party and a by-election forced. The SNP must not let this rest and keep the pressure on for a full enquiry by the Ethics Commission

If that is the case surely they should force him out to retain any credibility.

Whit's wrong with the "other thread" like?

I actually hesitated in case Clyde got hurt and I like Clyde but I hoped no one would would be as insensitive to bring it up. So between fingering and insensitivity I'm setting Flora on you!

I agree he should get a second chance. Resigning as an MP and standing for re-election is his "second chance"...

He cannot continue as an MP. He is like a plane with it engines on fire - could limp on for a bit but as an MP he is crippled and will crash and burn. He must realise that himself.

R4 did a short piece on this. finally BBC waking up to the fact it's not just about the leak but the lie/cover-up.

Malcolm Bruce in full 'SNP bad' whataboutery. And claiming Scotland is a bruised divided nation and can't afford to lose an alternative voice like the LibDems. Presumably for the good of democracy, AC should stay!

I only heard the start of it but it sounded like Malcolm Bruce was about to go fully postal. There was a raging SNPBAAAAD forming on his lips.

Apparently he also said that every single MP in parliament is a liar too. That'll endear him to his party colleagues.

Edited by biffer

Bruce seems to be judging all MPs by the standards set by Lib Dem MPs:

Chris Huhne - lied about driving his car when he was caught speeding. Jailed

David Laws - lied about his domestic arrangements, to his significant financial advantage. Had to resign.

Nick Clegg and tuition fees - although I suppose that that's more of a broken promise than a lie, so by these standards he's a beacon of integrity.

Until the last year I hadn't realised how bitter Malcolm Bruce was, and just how far his visceral hatred of the SNP extends. A really horrible little man.

Up until last year or so I just took the Libs as nice-ish but useless and harmless (Wee Wullie springs to mind). Now you see them for the twisted conniving bastirds they always were.