Edi To Gla - Tourist Attractions En-Route? - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Edi To Gla - Tourist Attractions En-Route?

CraigieBrown

Will be driving EDI to GLA and have a little time available and wondered about stopping off to see 'something touristy'. Had been thinking of seeing the Falkirk wheel but this looks a little too much of a detour for the time we have. Probably route would be M8. From my recollections, the 'tourist landscape' is a bit bleak in several of the towns nearby to the M8 between the two cities. Anyone with any suggestions for something interesting to stop off and have a look at - all suggestions welcome - with the exception of Harthill services which is one of the most bleak places I have ever been ;-)

Cheers

Craigie

Will be driving EDI to GLA and have a little time available and wondered about stopping off to see 'something touristy'. Had been thinking of seeing the Falkirk wheel but this looks a little too much of a detour for the time we have. Probably route would be M8. From my recollections, the 'tourist landscape' is a bit bleak in several of the towns nearby to the M8 between the two cities. Anyone with any suggestions for something interesting to stop off and have a look at - all suggestions welcome - with the exception of Harthill services which is one of the most bleak places I have ever been ;-)

Cheers

Craigie

It`s only about 10 minutes or so longer going from Glasgow to Edinburgh via the M80/M876/M9 instead of the M8.

Falkirk wheel is just 5 mins off the M876. Kelpies are right next to the M9. Linlithgow is worth a drive through.

• 3 weeks later...