Sectarian Singing - Page 34 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sectarian Singing

How is that any different from you walking through the town whistling (as an example) a Stone Roses song?

You said whistling a song at the airport was unprofessional, in what way is it unprofessional to whistle at the airport. FFS!

Because its associated with Celtic and I don't think walking through the airport is appropriate for that.

So you keep saying. Who cares?

Wasn't sure what bit he was talking about. I think it shows him to be a bit of a cock though when everyone else cake through as a team.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because its associated with Celtic and I don't think walking through the airport is appropriate for that.

Wasn't sure what bit he was talking about. I think it shows him to be a bit of a cock though when everyone else cake through as a team.

You think the assistant manager of Celtic shouldn't be doing something because it's associated with, eh, Celtic?

This is already a pretty wild thread because of the subject matter, but I have no idea what you're on about.

John Collins works for Celtic, has played for Celtic and was heard whistling a song that's associated with Celtic (but not offensive, as far as I'm aware).

What's the problem?

This is already a pretty wild thread because of the subject matter, but I have no idea what you're on about.

John Collins works for Celtic, has played for Celtic and was heard whistling a song that's associated with Celtic (but not offensive, as far as I'm aware).

What's the problem?

I think he's made an arse of it TBH, he's obviously discovered that the song is not the IRA fest he originally thought it was. Either that or he's just anti Irish.

Just curious but how are you able to say for sure what song it was, based on someone 'whistling as they walked by'? Seems more than a bit far fetched TBH.

Because I know the song and my mate also agreed that's what it was.

You think the assistant manager of Celtic shouldn't be doing something because it's associated with, eh, Celtic?

Don't think he should be doing it in public no. Jst takes one rangers nutter to take exception to it.

Eh? He works for Celtic. It's a cracking tune BTW, I whistle it all the time, if people don't like that then fekk them.

Aye but as above one rangers idiot takes exception to it and it may not end nicley.

If it was a player put doing it in town would you say its fine??

Because I know the song and my mate also agreed that's what it was.

Don't think he should be doing it in public no. Jst takes one rangers nutter to take exception to it.

Aye but as above one rangers idiot takes exception to it and it may not end nicley.

I wouldn't have any issue with anyone singing this song anywhere, it's not a Celtic song although it does get played at CP. As I said before it's a cracking song and anyone getting offended by it is a fekking idiot.

I find it depressing that you can't see the difference between Rangers fans singing about F#nians and Killie fans singing about Ayr fans.

I do understand the difference.

It's you and the other clowns on here that can't seem to understand that singing about being up to your knees in anyone's blood is offensive and has no place at a football match. Whether you mean to be offensive or not doesn't matter.

You're a bit of a despot if you think folk shouldn't be whistling in airports. that's like a rule they'd have in Turkmenistan

Here's a list of the weird rules their despot dreamed up.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?393253-Some-of-Decrees-by-the-former-dictator-of-Turkmenistan%28funny%29

Niyazov banned the use of lip syncing at public concerts in 2005, citing a negative effect on the development of musical arts incurred by the use of recorded music.

What's wrong with that? Seems perfectly reasonable.

In my attempt to brand Kirk the soul-brother of Turkmenistan despot.Niyazov in the 30 seconds i had allocated to said smearing, i quickly picked something that most resembled whistling. Now of course restricting how "artists" display their art might seem reasonable to some minds... oh right i ever had time and i was just shoehorning shit in !!

I do understand the difference.

It's you and the other clowns on here that can't seem to understand that singing about being up to your knees in anyone's blood is offensive and has no place at a football match. Whether you mean to be offensive or not doesn't matter.

So you recognise that singing about F#nian blood is worse than singing about putting Scousers and City Fans in a bonfire?

I wouldn't have any issue with anyone singing this song anywhere, it's not a Celtic song although it does get played at CP. As I said before it's a cracking song and anyone getting offended by it is a fekking idiot.

I didn't say I was personally offended I just said I don't think its appropriate.

Yes. But it's the fact that it's an Irish folk song that seems to be bothering Kirk

Just don't think its a sensible thing to do. As I said one rangers bam hears him it could get nasty.

You're a bit of a despot if you think folk shouldn't be whistling in airports. that's like a rule they'd have in Turkmenistan

Here's a list of the weird rules their despot dreamed up.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?393253-Some-of-Decrees-by-the-former-dictator-of-Turkmenistan(funny)

Niyazov banned the use of lip syncing at public concerts in 2005, citing a negative effect on the development of musical arts incurred by the use of recorded music.

I concur. I'd make it a capital offence too.

Its nothing to do with whistling its the fact its a songg associated with Celtic and as I've said above wrong person hears it, it could get nasty. You only have to look at Lennon getting his head kicked in for being out in Glasgow to see simple things can set the wrong folk off.

I wasn't trying to make a big fuss I was just asking what people thought. Obviously the folk in here think he was fine and that's fair enough.

The two folk from work I was with one a big Celtic fan and one a big rangers fan both agreed with me it was inappropriate. And for the record I'm perfectly aware its not a pro IRA song.

If there's one Rangers idiot who is going to attack Collins cause he's whistling a Celtic song, chances are they'd attack him anyway because he's a well known Celtic employee, presumably wearing some form of Celtic issue kit. The whistling is incidental.

As for a player "doing it in town" - how loud is this whistling that it draws the attention of a Rangers idiot?

Your complaint is noted but its just plain weird!

If there's one Rangers idiot who is going to attack Collins cause he's whistling a Celtic song, chances are they'd attack him anyway because he's a well known Celtic employee, presumably wearing some form of Celtic issue kit. The whistling is incidental.

As for a player "doing it in town" - how loud is this whistling that it draws the attention of a Rangers idiot?

Yes, I agree, if an Irish folk song is going to put this nutter over the edge I'd imagine John Collins being John Collins would be enough on it's own.

I remember going to a motherwell game at parkhead years ago, after the game we were getting the train back from Bridgeton, mostly 'well fans on one platform, all celtic on the other.

The police had warned a group of motherwell fans not to sing. So they all started whistling rule brittania.

Probably had to be there, and it was 20 years ago, but it was good football banter.

I'd be more worried if John Collins was whistling rule Brittania. He's not a very controversial guy, I think everybody but the hibs players he managed quite like him? A player I liked as a kid.

Edited by sbcmfc

As I said was just a question really. Yea I'm sure there would be some that may jst attack someone for being who they are but I'm sure there are others where a wee thing like that may be enough to trigger them.

Anyway I didn't expect a full out debate.

Back to singing about the IRA and the billy boys.