Motherwell Bottom Of Spfl - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of the teams at the bottom Motherwell would definitely be my preference to go down. It's a shame McCall shat it, ran away and attempted to save his own reputation. Watching him and Lasley steering and captaining the sinking ship would've been a laugh.

From the outside it looks like Baraclough doesn't have a clue. Motherwell fans wouldn't have been enthused by the appointment of Jimmy C but I reckon he'd have ensured they were playing Premiership football next season.

Never before relegated Aberdeen FC sent United down in the late 90s.

Never before relegated, but they did finish bottom in 2000 with less points than United had when they were relegated.

It was actually Celtic that sent United down. I know, I was there.

Edited by adamntg

Never before relegated, but they did finish bottom in 2000 with less points than United had when they were relegated.

It was actually Celtic that sent United down. I know, I was there.

Correct.

Aberdeen FC have never been relegated since 1881.

If I was the new owner I'd sack the manager now. The Dundee keeper didn't have to make a save in a must win game. In recent history Motherwell's policy of appointing experienced guys like McCall, McGhee, Brown proved successful so it's puzzling why they didn't stick with this strategy. This appointment seems to have been the cheap option. Sacking someone after 8 games may seem rash but it's clear this guy ain't the man for the job.